Author Topic: need advice beginner  (Read 2626 times)

Offline sam12

need advice beginner
« on: October 24, 2007, 09:24:05 AM »
please help im 12yr and 6 stone, getting my first pair for xmas got a 14 yr old mate with 7leagues so he thinks they are best, read up everything i can about all the differant ones and edging towards pro-jumpers but still unsure all advice welcome

Offline urbantricker

• Front Flip at Southsea
    • Urban Tricking
Re: need advice beginner
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 09:35:46 AM »
Hi Sam,

In my opinion edging towards Pro Jumps is a good idea. Just make sure you get the right ones for your weight, it might also be worth getting a weight slightly bigger so when you get older you won't be too heavy for them.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Offline gillybert

• still alive, up to the neck !!!
    • Gillybert,s Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »
Hey Sam,

Not tried 7's so not sure of the differences, but the Pro-Jumps I have are just great.  Not had any probs and are loads of fun.

Can't believe you can manage to wait 'til Xmas for them though, I had trouble waiting for next day delivery.

All the best

GB...

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »
Hi Sam & welcome to the forum,

Thanks you guys too  ;) (Ian & GB)

As I work for Pro-Jump.co.uk my view some would say is biased. However I feel at the price Pro-Jumps are the ideal stilt to start of with and for a beginner I don't think £100+ more is justified for a pair of 7leagueboots.

However please read the following two threads where both stilts are discussed and if you need further information just ask  ;)

The posts are a bit long but they are worth reading through... Also remember its Practice that makes perfect not what brand stilts you buy!

GETTING NEW STILTS

and

WHAT BRAND TO BUY

Offline sam12

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »
thanks to the guys that have already given me advice i think definately going to get the pro jumpers any other advice welcome, fed up listening to my mate who thinks he knows best cant wait to get going  ;D

Offline urbantricker

• Front Flip at Southsea
    • Urban Tricking
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 10:47:14 AM »
Good choice Sam. When you get them make sure you film some stuff and upload it! Lots of people on here will help with technique etc. And it is also good to see your own progression when you go back and watch videos you did over 6 months ago!