Author Topic: What Brand to buy!!???  (Read 5547 times)

Offline Jools

What Brand to buy!!???
« on: July 21, 2007, 01:42:47 AM »
Im thinking of buying a pair of stilts, just wondering wich brand i should buy.
I've read alot about how poweriZers and pro jumpers are made in the same factory and that there more or less the same but how can that be when there's a £ 100+ difference in price ?
One more question im really gonna give this sport a go so if a buy pro jumpers will i be able to do all the extreme tricks or will i end up having to but a more expensive pair later on ? 

Offline GRS

Re: What Brand to buy!!???
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 02:10:32 AM »
Im thinking of buying a pair of stilts, just wondering wich brand i should buy.
I've read alot about how poweriZers and pro jumpers are made in the same factory and that there more or less the same but how can that be when there's a £ 100+ difference in price ?

I've had a pair of Pro-Jumps for quite some time now and mine cost me about £200 delivered from Pro-Jump.co.uk

Since then Pro-Jump have gradually reduced their prices where as PoweriZer and Fly Jumper have kept on selling at a higher price. Just means more money in their pockets and less in the buyers.

Other "cheaper" brands include PoweriSer and 7 leagues which are about £240 - £250. However I have a feeling they all cost more or less the same to make but the sellers charge a lot more for them  ;D

One more question im really gonna give this sport a go so if a buy pro jumpers will i be able to do all the extreme tricks or will i end up having to but a more expensive pair later on ? 

Here's a video from the Pro-Jump site which shows 101 doing their stuff using Pro-Jumps [youtube=425,350]3QAGRGjqQZY[/youtube]

So yes you can do all the extreme stuff with Pro-Jumps and with a pair of tyre socks on your Pro-Jumps they should last you a long time.

Offline Jools

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »
IS there a big difference between pro jumps and 7 league bocks ?(exept from the price)

Offline GRS

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »
I personally don't think there's a major difference but I haven't tried any just seen my friends up close. I don't think it justify's the much higher price tag but thats becuase I just like a product to do its job and the cheaper the better.

* There has been quite some debate on how long the rubber lasts on the Projump feet (I had the old gens, and mine lasted about 7 months without any tyre socks) The 2nd gens have had problems and only seem to last a couple of months. I've heard the 7 league feet last about 5-6 months before they need replacing.

* 7 leagues do have slightly thicker covering on the spring - but its not enough to stop you getting nicks on it and after a few goes on my mates he decided to cover the spring with hockey tape.

* The spring quality is generally the some and is on personal perferance. Pro-Jumps go up in 10kg and its recommended that you 1 size higher. On 7 leagues there say that the weight is more accurate. However many users have said they are well within the weight range and have bottomed out too frequently.

* In appearance the 7's have taken care with the cosmetic side and they do look very nice.

Offline jump-up

• " I belive i can flye "
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »
I personally don't think there's a major difference but I haven't tried any just seen my friends up close. I don't think it justify's the much higher price tag but thats becuase I just like a product to do its job and the cheaper the better.

* There has been quite some debate on how long the rubber lasts on the Projump feet (I had the old gens, and mine lasted about 7 months without any tyre socks) The 2nd gens have had problems and only seem to last a couple of months. I've heard the 7 league feet last about 5-6 months before they need replacing.

* 7 leagues do have slightly thicker covering on the spring - but its not enough to stop you getting nicks on it and after a few goes on my mates he decided to cover the spring with hockey tape.

* The spring quality is generally the some and is on personal perferance. Pro-Jumps go up in 10kg and its recommended that you 1 size higher. On 7 leagues there say that the weight is more accurate. However many users have said they are well within the weight range and have bottomed out too frequently.

* In appearance the 7's have taken care with the cosmetic side and they do look very nice.

thats not true the 7feets last up to a year.
the spring protection is very thick so you don`t need to tape them.

Offline GRS

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »
the spring protection is very thick so you don`t need to tape them.
How you ever seen a pair of 7's? I have. The protection won't keep the nicks away. Within a few goes you will notice it tearing. Yep it is thicker than any other brand but trust me you will need to pup something else on them or you will be disappointed!

thats not true the 7feets last up to a year.
I tuned into Radio Bock today I'm certain Bobman said his lasted 5 or 6 months and now he has to replace them.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 11:19:40 PM »

I have tried7Leagues and even though I had the weight below what I need, they were much better than projumps. The quality of the stilt is in my opinion much superior. They dont rattle about as much as Projumps. They also dont squeak like Projumps. The 7league is also on the lighter side so you dont have to put as much energy into tricks. Having said all that, I have had my 1st gen projumps 8 months and with the exception of one of my feet snapping, they have held up fairly well. Projumps will serve you as an entry level stilt in which you can accquire your skills, then you may want to consider another brand. Ultimately having the best brand wont make you a better bocker.....only practice will do that.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »
My opinoin?
ProJumps are great for their price and brilliant for learners, BUT there are better stilts on the market. The problem with ProJump is they sell G2 FlyingLocust, and here is where the problem lies. ProJump are a good company and I like them due to their affordable price and friendly staff, they simply picked the wrong company to buy from. FlyingLocust, who makes the stilts, is an utterly rubbish company. I can safely say their quality control is very bad and their customer care is not even worth thinking of. However, this is not the place for me to rant about FlyingLocust.

Basically, there are LOADS of brands on the market now.
poweriZer, ProJump, FlyJumper are all available in the UK and are all IDENTICLE DOWN TO THE LAST PART. They are all made by FlyingLocust in the same factory on the same production line. Don't think they are better because one is more expensive than the other, ProJump sell them for the cheapest and best offer, so if you want one of these, buy from them.

There are more expensive brands, poweriSers which come in at £250 and are better quality than the FL's, but I think the price difference is too high for you to really bother with them.

Then there are 7Leagues, which are £240. These are currently regarded as the better stilt in the UK, but again may be out of your price range.

I have been lucky enough to try poweriSers (owned a pair for a year, they were very good), ProJumps (Tried a friend's, these were G1's though, I have yet to try G2's) and 7Leagues (Now own these), and IMO 7Leauges are the better stilt for an EXPERIENCED bocker. They have a different centre of gravity and spring quality, the overall build is different. They are seriously the BEST stilt on the market in the uk bar powerskips, but if you are new to the sport and are unsure what you want to do with them or even if you will like it, get ProJumps. They are the cheaper set and will introduce you to the sport quite well.

Offline Jools

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »
ok thanks for all the advice, looks like i'll be buying pro jumps then  :)

Offline bobman

• Welsh Bocker 4 life
    • Welsh bockers
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 11:34:49 PM »
when i said i took me 5 months to kill the feet on my 7's ...i mean i got out on them on EVERY chance i have...i bottom them out due to how powerful my bounces are and i am one HARDCORE MOFO on my bocks ...and im surprised they last 5 months lol
my brother (nofear on pp.com) has t rex's and his has lasted STILL from jan and there is LOADS left on his feet...and he does flips all over the place and gets sick hight.
WELSH BOCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 06:37:08 AM »
when i said i took me 5 months to kill the feet on my 7's ...i mean i got out on them on EVERY chance i have...i bottom them out due to how powerful my bounces are and i am one HARDCORE MOFO on my bocks ...and im surprised they last 5 months lol
my brother (nofear on pp.com) has t rex's and his has lasted STILL from jan and there is LOADS left on his feet...and he does flips all over the place and gets sick hight.

I would have to say Bobman is quite insane on his bocks and does punich them.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »
I agree, and I just had a cool idea.
Buy ProJumps to learn on, and fit 7League hoofs to them! :)

Offline BDeyes

• woot!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 02:37:42 PM »
does anyone know if the ones in cycles uk are better than the flyling locust ones. i don't know exactly what they're called, they're in basildon cycles uk and are £249

===BD===
team concussion

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 04:16:02 PM »
Give us a name and we can tell you.

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 06:57:05 PM »

You certainly can..... what you dont know about stilts is not really worth troubling over ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 12:58:07 AM »
As far as I'm aware it's PoweriZers thats they stock

Exactly the same as pro-jumps apart from the Logo and price   ;)

Offline BDeyes

• woot!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 08:10:03 AM »
ok, thank you.

BD
team concussion

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 11:19:39 AM »
You certainly can..... what you dont know about stilts is not really worth troubling over ;D
Haha cheers ET :)