Author Topic: Proper Fitting of feet into Powerizers  (Read 9301 times)

Offline Bigg Hungry Phill

Proper Fitting of feet into Powerizers
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »
Hello again Pro-Jump community

Whilst practising today, I noticed that my left stilt seemd to give me a lot more play in how much my foot wil lmove before lifting the stilt when compared to the right foot.
it feels like this is down to how tight the boot is, but I've got it on the tightest setting, and it still feels looser than on the right.

I think that this is giving me a difference in how much control and bounce I have, and was wondering if there is a way to physically adjust the boot to balance this out?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Proper Fitting of feet into Powerizers
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 08:32:54 PM »
are yor feet different sizes? How far from full tightness is the other 1? Is it both foreward and back bindings or just 1? There are a couple of different holes you can use for where the bindings attach to the footplate - may choose a different 1

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:40:50 PM »
You could try putting them on the other foot !?
This may sound odd but they are the same only the way the bindings are palce on the foot plates just mind the clip which may now stick out on the insides. Walk around and see how it feels ?

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 03:06:43 AM »
If you put your bocks on the other way round like the one for the right on the left, you could allways turn your binding straps around if they work better on the other foot

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »
Thanks guys.

I've tried them on the other way round, and the same thing seems to happen on the other foot.

The other thing I've noticed is that the boot in question squeaks an awful lot more than the other boot (as in, the other boot does not in fact squeak).  Could this be a sign of a defect in the boot, or something that needs adjusting.
The boots are not of the LocusFly type (or whichever one it is that is generally considered to be awful build quality), but PoweriZers.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 03:43:03 PM »
hi phil. Well a few things spring to mind that I should mention. 'Flyinglocust' stilts are sold under a variety of names -including pro-jumps!!! So say sorry to webmaster hehe. The build quality 'thing' is not a big issue I dont think. So the hooves can wear quite quickly and the spring protection could be a lil thicker --but they are nearly £100 cheaper than  say 7's  so I reccon the deal is OK. Oh and poweriZers ---guess what  they are made by flyinglocust last time I checked ;D.

The squeaking wouldnt have anything to do with the bindings ( hey they r pastic and just dont squeak). For the squeaks have a run around whilst carrying a can of WD40 and spray where you think the squeak is comming from -till it stops.

Back to  the bindings. You really shouldnt be able to tighten up to the last notch. Then binding are attached to the footplate via a screw thro a hole in the binding. There are 2 such holes maybe change to the 2nd hole if it permits you to get more tightening in.

Try that  if dont work  come back again --its an iterative thing :D

PS your location soton/hull. Are you at uni in soton or hull? Im just down the road in Bournemouth, a couple of us were in soton a couple of weeks ago and had a great time bouncing around. Im also just setting up a gym meet in Bournemouth

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 06:08:35 PM »
Right, thanks again Bbthmbloke.  I'll get myself some WD40 and try shifting the bindings.

Hmm... wonder if it could just be my faulty knees squeaking... :-\

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 08:50:11 PM »
I've got faulty knees or at least one faulty knee

I found that it always felt like I was falling off the outside the right bock and then realised that I am bow legged on one leg

I made some adjustable cuffs and now it is so much easier but as the problem changed legs when you swaped the bocks I don't think it will be that