Author Topic: new spring but need mega help  (Read 10677 times)

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
new spring but need mega help
« on: August 06, 2007, 08:17:12 AM »
Ok this sunday i met up with trixter we had a bit of a bock around but i found out my springs have NO give in them at all so im ordering new springs BUT will pro jump springs fit my powerisers? i have like the first edtion of powerisers.

cheers for the help

Carl

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
Re: new spring but need mega help
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 10:08:41 AM »
Yes they will, they are all interchangable between makes, apart from the upwings.
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:17:19 AM »
kool now placing my order for new ones and new clips and pads :) hopefully get here b4 london and i can fit them easily

Carl

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 03:52:45 PM »
well i have ordered them im told i am going to get them 2ma :D

and i have taken apart my old ones and have found that my springs are solid its impossible to move them at all and i dont think thts normall even with all my body weight on it still no movement anybody got any ideas as to what is wrong with them?

AND (1 final think how hard is it to fit new springs?)

Carl

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 03:55:23 PM »
Could you expand on 'solid'. Do you mean stuck in place and cant be dismantled?  Pix might help

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 04:03:03 PM »
i have got them apart i mean they just dont bend AT ALL no matter what i do surely there shud b a little play in them?? even if i kinda push them down on floor with all my weight they wont bend  ???

Carl

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 04:07:46 PM »
Smells fishy to me...  :-\

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »
trixter had a go on them yesterday and even he cudnt get them to bounce very high or even get the spring working so  i think where i didnt use them 4 so long there probs just F**ked or just faulty springs i never new where faulty  :-\

Carl

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Got you now. Bit early to say they are faulty tho. I had some springs that were wrong for me ( its on video somewhere) they were like iron bars no give no bounce. But thundraH got on them ( 3 stone heavier) and bounced around fine.

Putting new springs on --if like me it takes forever. But you will get there in the end. Go outside find a bit of shade and take a bt of water and 'doit' ( oo lay out a sheet of paper to put the bits on so you dont loose any.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »
EARLY!!

there 3 years old so i think its late my new ones will b here weds now then im gonna fit them after i have done my work stuff

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »
Sorry ment too early in a testing process.

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 04:49:24 PM »
it might b that im too light 4 them but even if my dad gets on them not amazingly alot of movement so i think it cud b where they have been left 4 so long doing nothing

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 09:04:36 PM »
Have a look on the end of them PJ ones have a number on the bottom front (the bit under the bracket that holds the hoof on) mine have 121 on them I weigh 17 stone and had trouble bending them at first

If they are heavyweights someone might buy them off you

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 11:33:42 PM »
yeh they have 332 on i think or do u mean PR70-90 cos thts the weight range  and do u know if there easy to fit?

Carl

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 11:52:16 PM »
Have a look on the end of them PJ ones have a number on the bottom front (the bit under the bracket that holds the hoof on) mine have 121 on them I weigh 17 stone and had trouble bending them at first
Jason, poweriSers do not have this, they instead have the batch number in that location. Some do have the bottom weight limit (50, 70 or 90) written on the actual end of the spring though.

yeh they have 332 on i think or do u mean PR70-90 cos thts the weight range  and do u know if there easy to fit?
332 will be the batch number.

Springs are quite a doddle to fit...
Basically, undo the long, larger bolt going through the bottom of the hoof, and the one attatching the hoof to the midsection (this will require taking the roller and bushings out). Keep all the parts from these together so you know what goes where. The hoof will then come off the frame.

Then undo the 2 smaller bolts going through the spring on the clip (shown below). The clip will then come away from the spring too.

You have to take the kneebar off to do the next bit, so mark the height it is set at using a black marker pen. Now, take the clip (holding the spring to the top of the frame) off the frame, this will require removing the roller and bushings again. Then undo the clip from the spring in the same way as at the bottom.

Voila, you are left with a single spring with no parts attatched. Now simply reverse the procedure, replacing the new spring for the old one.

On poweriSers these require metric tools, 8mm for the smaller bolts and 12mm for the larger bolts if I remember correctly.

I may do a detailed tutorial on stripping down an entire poweriSer somewhen this summer if I have time ;)

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 06:03:44 PM »
well i have got them apart now then i found my original poweriser book and saw diagrams on how to put back together cant read anything its all in german so i have to live with pics but seems easy and yeh its a 10mm and a 13mm and an allen key is all u need

Carl

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 08:37:32 PM »
If you get lost putting them back together here are some more pics

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=826.0

I know it's for the bearings but as you have to strip most of the spring out to change the bearings they might be some help

Also there must be a way of testing the spring weights to find out how heavy they are

When I make a longbow we test the draw weight with a set of bathroom scales it would be interesting to find out how heavy your first ones were

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »
i dont know how much i way but i no its not more then 12 stone so i have brought m70s i think will let u no 2ma and hopefully get pics up

cheers 4 the help

Carl

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 07:32:27 AM »
erm, how do you test your draw weight on a set of bath scales?? ive never seen that done!!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 09:44:58 AM »
Ok Hex first you ge a length of timber 2x1 works well  about 40 inches long
you then fix a shorter bit of wood at one end to make a t shape

strap the handle of the bow to the short bit of wood measure your draw length along the wood
put the other end of the long timber on the scales and pull down on the bowstriring when you reach your draw length read the weight on the scales and you've got the weight of the bow

easier to show than explain

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
i found my original poweriser book and saw diagrams on how to put back together cant read anything its all in german
It should be Korean and poorly translated english, not german... Well thats why my poweriSer book is anyway

Offline stewarty482

• Thanks for the pic aidanh1
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 08:02:30 PM »
I may do a detailed tutorial on stripping down an entire poweriSer somewhen this summer if I have time ;)
[/quote]

How could u be bothered lol ???
"Go for it man (woman) u only live once in your life"

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 08:11:51 PM »
stew ,  the guy  makes his own condoms ---out of pig gut --slaughters the pig too.  if its worth doing  sprog will do it well ;D

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »
lol he does scented ones aswell ; pork, bacon, liver, i find that if you evert want a sex change tht you wear one of them next time you see your dog

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 08:55:07 PM »
How could u be bothered lol ???
Because I happen to own a spare poweriSer (I have 3, don't ask lol), so I can rip it apart to show people how to do it and what goes where, etc. And it won't affect me at all as I will still have my bocks and a spare pair for my mate too ;)