Author Topic: botteming out!!  (Read 14404 times)

Offline harry

botteming out!!
« on: August 01, 2007, 01:01:33 PM »
hi i have only had my pair of bocks for about a week now and i can already bottem them out i weigh just under 9 stone and i have the 70kg model so what should i do...  :'(

Offline steve76

Re: botteming out!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 01:18:38 PM »
dont eat for a week, works everytime :)

haha nah, theres always the possibility of buying a new spring, next one up, quite costly but solves the problem?

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »
Do you bottom them out running or kanga hopping?
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline harry

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 06:51:13 PM »
what is kanga hopping and i bottem out when im just jumping on the spot and jumping along and obsouly i bottem out when one footed jumping

Offline stewarty482

• Thanks for the pic aidanh1
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:57:11 PM »
what does botteming out mean cause i am getting some pro jumps at christmas and want to know pretty much everything

thnx
"Go for it man (woman) u only live once in your life"

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 06:58:37 PM »
Kanga hopping is jumping like a kangaroo,  on two feet.  If you can bottom them out kanga hoping every time, not just once or twice, then they are worn out.  It is always easier to bottom out on one foot because all your boddy weight is only on one spring.

Bottoming out is when the rubber stop under you foot hits the top of the hoof.  So there is no more spring travel.
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline stewarty482

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 07:00:49 PM »
still dont get it does it mean u cant bounce??  ???

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 07:14:21 PM »
still dont get it does it mean u cant bounce??  ???
No, it means you have compressed the spring fully so you will get the most bounce out of the springs. Here's a picture of it (look at the 3rd bounce)

Offline stewarty482

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 07:17:23 PM »
thnx is that u on that video picture thingy

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 07:17:56 PM »
thnx is that u on that video picture thingy
No, it is my friend Rich aka Athoul

Offline stewarty482

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 07:19:42 PM »
how do u copy the thingy in the purple??

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 07:23:43 PM »

Press this button:

It's to the top right of the post. See it? :)

Offline stewarty482

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 07:25:02 PM »

Press this button:

It's to the top right of the post. See it? :)

ahhh thnx alot

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 09:22:13 PM »
Harry

If you weigh 9 stone (57kg) I assume with your normal bocking clothes on and you bought the 70kg model you shouldn't be able to bottom them out a week after you bought them

Are you very athletic (fit)
Where did you buy and what maker
are you sure about your weight ( check your scales try boots they have acurate scales 30p a go)

Offline harry

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 05:16:39 PM »
well
as u were saying jason  i shouldnt b able to bottem out i do weigh 9 stone i checked it and i bought them from the projump website and they r definatly the 70kg model and i can defintly bottem them out  :'( and i wear norml clothes. my fasion sense my not b that good but im sure there nomal ( a potato sack with holes  ;D )  lol yeh so jason do u think i should send them back or what but i have been on them every day for half hour since i bought them.....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 05:18:25 PM by harry »

Offline adzi

• i cant stop posting i really cant help it
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 07:49:43 PM »
well
as u were saying jason  i shouldnt b able to bottem out i do weigh 9 stone i checked it and i bought them from the projump website and they r definatly the 70kg model and i can defintly bottem them out  :'( and i wear norml clothes. my fasion sense my not b that good but im sure there nomal ( a potato sack with holes  ;D )  lol yeh so jason do u think i should send them back or what but i have been on them every day for half hour since i bought them.....

how long have you had them

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 09:54:28 PM »
Well Harry

In the first instance I would give Pro-jump a call and explain exactly as you have on here If as you say you've only had them a week and you've got the right weight and have only used them for 3 or 4 hours I think they will help you they have been good in the past

The only thing I can think is maybe you have got a lower weight in the wrong box as they shouldn't bottom out but I wouldn't think that even the 60kg's would bottom out that quick

Just one thing when you first get them they seem very stiff and seem to have no give in them
Has someone watched you to see if they are actualy bottoming out (I know it's a long shot but could it be that they arn't bending and give the feeling that they are hitting)

Offline harry

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 11:10:50 AM »
ok thanx jason ill give them a call and i know there the 70kg ones because on the bottem of the srping where the hoof is there is 70 printed on the spring ermm also when i bought them they didnt feel stiff they felt bendy and i got  my mum to watch me

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 11:30:13 AM »
ok thanx jason ill give them a call and i know there the 70kg ones because on the bottem of the srping where the hoof is there is 70 printed on the spring ermm also when i bought them they didnt feel stiff they felt bendy and i got  my mum to watch me

Hmmmm, so you are on M70's, which are 60-70kg. You are 58kg, so I would expect you to be bottoming them out sooner or later, but not immediately.
If you take a video of yourself you will be able to see how much they are bending and if you are bottoming out.

See if you can upgrade to the M80's (70-80kg) model, then you shouldn't bottom out, and this is also the recommended 10kg's up :)

Offline harry

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 05:29:43 PM »
yeh i phoned them up and they sed they will send someone round to pick them up and then they will test hem to see if they are faulty because of im only 13 and 9 stone and shouldnt b able to bottem them out and if they r faulty them they will send me out a new pair. but thanx for ur help  ;)

Offline harry

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »
but sprog the 70kg ones r 10kg more thne me anyways there being picked up and taken away and hopfully thy will send me a new pair

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 08:17:12 PM »
but sprog the 70kg ones r 10kg more thne me anyways there being picked up and taken away and hopfully thy will send me a new pair
No, they are 2kg more to the minimum weight, you are only just off the weight bracket. Because of this, M80's would be better. If you were about 54kg, then M70's would be fine, but at 58kg, M80's will be better.

Offline harry

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »
i have now had them picked up by projumps delivery people and i had a phone call 2 days later telling me that projump have no more left in stock at all not even any more springs and they rnt going to get anymore stock in becuase of they are waiting to get the new 3rd gen ones so they have sent me a refund for them and i will have to wait 2-3 months for the new boots to come out  :'( soo yeh  :'( but they were very helpful  ;D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 09:25:48 PM »
It's a shame that your bockless Harry but at least your not out of pocket PJ are normaly very fair

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 10:08:44 PM »
Hey Harry please pm me your phone number or old order number. Pro-Jump have a base in London and they may just have some 80kg / 70kg ones left up there - no promises but if there is some, I'll get the office to give you first refusal on them.