Author Topic: Hoofs weight to wear  (Read 7526 times)

Dark Knight

Hoofs weight to wear
« on: July 16, 2007, 08:47:33 PM »
 Now I've only been using my pair for about 3 weeks and not done much on them ( not jump over cars or fast running everywhere ). I'd say I've gone about 5 - 10 km max on them but the hoofs are wearing out !  :o
 I didn't think that they'd wear so fast and think that it's my weight is why the wear so fast.

Now I'm 105kg and the pair I have is PJ's 115kg and done about 10km before the wear is getting deep ( I can see metal thorugh a split in the rubber ). I say another 10 - 15 km and they'd FCUKed !
Quick way to read details would be M105W115D20
How long does yours last ?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:50:29 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Hoofs weight to wear
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:06:57 PM »
Well I hate to say I told you so but I have been telling people about this for about 2 months.

I've known 3 people (one of them junior pair) to last 2 weeks, another one 5 weeks.
I just hope the new generations have better feet like the old ones used to.

Cue loads of people telling you to use tyre socks etc - point is, you shouldnt have too!

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:44:22 PM »
The rubber is so soft i'd say you could bite it off !
I don't like tyre sock too temporary, I may end up buying a new pair and change the rubber of the old pair to something that will last ( and cut a tread pattern on them ) .
I run a wood moulding machine the rubber rollers grip the wet wood and the last months ( 100's of kms ).

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:54:34 PM »
 After looking at peoples tyre hoofs i got think there as to be a better way of fitting the tyre on. Took me all day but I have a idea, which should look better, easier to change and use less tyre per hoof !
 I'm going to check out some different rubber compouds which if my new fitting for hoofs work means that you can have Grippy ( soft rubber ) Hard wearing  ( less grip ) and wet tyres ( big grooves for grass and the like  ) !!  :o

Sorry it's all buzzing round in my head for the minuet. I'll try to make a prototype this weekend !?  8)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:05:23 AM by Dark Knight »