Author Topic: Pro-Jump Has Evolved....  (Read 35588 times)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: Pro-Jump Has Evolved....
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2010, 11:17:36 PM »
pffftttt whatever, can you meet any earlier?
DC

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »
They're Here!

:Cbiggrin:
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline Jimmy the chimp

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010, 02:32:25 PM »
Glad I paid extra fir saturday delivery bocking all weekend anyone?  :Claugh:ß

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »
Ok so we gave the stilts a going through today, however we have found a few issues :S just wondering if anyone else has found this...
Naz said not to go 10KG above the weight, however we found that you are better of to as it is so easy to compress them if they are your weight class :S
also the foot plate, the back does really hold your feet that well, and they can sometimes slip. Did anyone else find this?
DC

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
Ok so we gave the stilts a going through today, however we have found a few issues :S just wondering if anyone else has found this...
Naz said not to go 10KG above the weight, however we found that you are better of to as it is so easy to compress them if they are your weight class :S
also the foot plate, the back does really hold your feet that well, and they can sometimes slip. Did anyone else find this?
DC

The first time I went on my foot slipped to the side straight away, this then causes the stilt to feel like its bowing and puts you ompletely off balance, therefore I padded out the edges to stop it slipping (simply I taped some folded card to the bits that stick out at the edges)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2010, 11:36:25 PM »
The foot sliding was an issue during testing, but the footplate was changed to improve this. Personally I never experienced it so I wonder if it's down to type of footwear used.

Cheap mod if its a problem is some skateboard tape on the footplate :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2010, 11:42:34 PM »
DC, What is your current weight and spring weight on normal stilts? I'd say the spring weight on these is pretty accurate. But, if for example, you weigh 70kg and currently use 90's then I guess 80's would be the right spring.

Offline noob

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »
dont the knee bar holders stick into the back of your legs?
cause the look like they would, also when will they go on the website?

noob
Noob
i am wat it says on the tin

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2010, 11:47:08 PM »
Well Im hoping this weekend :)

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2010, 11:48:48 PM »
DC, What is your current weight and spring weight on normal stilts? I'd say the spring weight on these is pretty accurate. But, if for example, you weigh 70kg and currently use 90's then I guess 80's would be the right spring.

He was talking about watching me today :L As he cant stilt with his back, but I was using poweriser 70-90 before, and apparently DC thinks I should be on 80's with these :S

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2010, 11:50:58 PM »
The foot sliding was an issue during testing, but the footplate was changed to improve this. Personally I never experienced it so I wonder if it's down to type of footwear used.

Cheap mod if its a problem is some skateboard tape on the footplate :)

I have a rather thin foot locky, there seems to be about half an inch either side of my heel until it reaches the bit that sticks forward on the heel part

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2010, 11:55:10 PM »
squeeker did you bottom out?

I find even when bottoming out on the pro/silver model due to the lightness I can control the power of my bounce much better.

I think on the whole, the weight game is pretty spot on but also use some common sense.
Jono used to use S rex 7 leagues designed for 120kg and he weighs under 70kg so putting him on 70kg pj's would not be sensible.

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2010, 11:57:59 PM »
No I didn't bottom out, and I have always had a soft technique so I went for 70's, In my opinion their fine, but I cant see how much I compress by, also, DC likes to make people feel like they hav e done the wrong thing :L

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2010, 12:04:49 AM »
You were almost bottoming out on every jump :S I seriously think you should have gone with m80's
DC

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2010, 12:20:43 AM »
DC with respect, Squeeker is the only person who can say if he was bottoming out. Even if he was close, until you feel it then it doesnt really matter.
I'm not saying 80's would be a bad choice for him but dont say he was bottoming out when he says he wasnt.

I hate it that everyone seems so concerned about bottoming out. Technique and power is whats important in bocking...and in that order.

Offline lynch

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2010, 01:55:24 AM »
as far as the bottoming out i agree with locky with my projumps v6 70's when i get power i bottom out alot but it works because of my tech and that i snap stronger springs i would stick with 70 mate i have just bought a new set of exo but i have yet to go on them as friday it was raining and i was to tired after work today but i will be on them tomorrow so i will let you know how i get on but i think 70 should be fine :) 

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2010, 02:20:03 AM »
Well I am getting M80 ones next week, so will let him try mine. See if he prefers them or not :P
DC

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2010, 08:38:22 AM »
It may actually turn out that 80's are the spring for you squeeker. It depends what the equivalent of a poweriser spring is but I would guestimate it being more than a new PJ 70 and less than a 90. That's not to say that you will be fine on the 70's. I vary in my spring preference. I often find that I actually trick better on the softer ones because I am having to put less effort into the jumps.

Offline noob

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2010, 09:20:54 AM »
dont the knee bar holders stick into the back of your legs?
cause the look like they would, also when will they go on the website?

noob
Noob
i am wat it says on the tin

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »
BACK to UK  :Cradar:

but I found out that my stilts r totally wobbly (plate going uncontrollably left and right) :Cchatterbox:- so i might as well just get new ones :Claugh:

had M80 but cud almost from the start bottom them out - (weighing 70kgs) shud I therefore better take 90's??? :Cwideeyed:

and is that the same price like on ghostbikes??? 209 quid for pro's - and can I still get a pair of old ones M110 for a friend back home in Austria??? -> yeah - i introduced bocking to some parts of austria  :Claugh:

wud be nice of any help/replies

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
If you could bottom the 80's from new you will probably be better with 90's but do check the weight on your old ones

It's on the base of the springs and could vary from 80 up to 89
If it is at the high end just order 90's but if it is 80 or just above ask for lower end 90's of high 80's

The reason I say this is that you could find yourself going from 80 to 99 which is 19kg more and as the Exo's are a better match to peoples weight being a bit stiffer for an equal weight

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2011, 09:05:51 PM »
thx a lot Jason

just waiting for a friend to decide which one he is taking - old or new model and then i finally get to lay my hands on the new ones - btw any chance of getting some shoes for the old ones - from pj or so???

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 08:31:52 PM »
I have a bit of a supply problem with Hoofies at the mo but I think PJ still stock the old feet

Tell your mate to get the new ones (worth the extra  :Cbiggrin:)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: