Author Topic: Bock Bag  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Teggi6288

• Matthew Johns Facebook
Bock Bag
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:44:50 AM »
Hi guys
I need a bag for my stilts but the ghost bikes site doesn't sell them anymore

Where can i find one?

Offline Blondy

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Bock Bag
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:58:46 PM »
The main disadvantage with that bag and others like it is that you have to lower the kneebars/cuffs to get the stilts in the bag

This seems fine at first but it is a real pain setting them up each time you use them

I made a bag to carry mine when set up and to be honest I think I have used it once in 5 years  :Claugh:

If you are traveling and need to protect them it might be a good idea but for daily use I would just get used to carrying them or make a strap up that ties them together and can be slung over your shoulder

If you are going abroard get a big hardshell suitcase and pack them with your clothes that should protect them against even the airport baggage guys

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »
If you are going abroard get a big hardshell suitcase and pack them with your clothes that should protect them against even the airport baggage guys

Because you mentioned hard cases, you now have me thinking of building a proper, nice stilt specific, felt, or foam lined hardcase like the sort of thing you see for musical instruments, but for stilts. Like I didn't have enough projects! THANKS JASON!

Or maybe one with dry ice in it and bright LEDs, so it it smokes and lights up every time you open it like when someone finds an ancient alien artifact in a movie or something.

When I get some money and tools together I already have a plan for a new pair of modded stilts, maybe this is how i can present them when they're finished. (also Jason, I may need to ask you about the tilting footplates you made for exos...)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:44:22 PM »
Hilly
If you think you have a lot of projects get this list of current ones on my books (not back burner ones all active)

Get back on stilts as soon as I get more than 20 mins spare  :Claugh:
New front CV joints in Discovery (Up on stands in front yard )next weekend weather permitting
Also get it to start without having to open the bonnet and hotwire it  :Claugh:
Rebuild Cosmochronotrope (a type of clock) look it up it is beautiful and I got it for a song due to it being trashed
Make case for above (almost done )
Rebuild Badof clock and repair case (this one is actually working at the moment)
Build flood defenses for the Mother in Law (on going by the hour all this week)
Stay on Unicycle for longer than 10 seconds (ongoing for last 6 months  :Claugh:) gaining about 2 seconds a month

That is this months
Oh and go to work 5 days a week  :Claugh:

So get building your smoking case you could make it Pod shaped like in Alien and have them rise out slowley
Or make a Transformer style backpack that turns into a crash mat and high seat while holding the stilts for you to put on  :Claugh:

Jason   :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:13:03 AM »
>1 Novel
>1 Album (sorta)
>2 RPGs (one tabletop, one computer game)
>Work 3-6 days a week, depending how generous the boss is with hours.
>New chain & headlight + fix 2 things broken in my speedo.
>Build Chiptune guitar - consists of:
     -Making an Arduinoboy (need to get the etching done, then should be finished, but I haven't had the time to fix the circuit diagram)
     -Writing a Program in C++ to convert the guitar output into a Midi Output
     -Rewriting that program to work in a second operating system
     -Building a new case in which to fit all of this into a single entity, running off one power source.
>Readying designs for when I can finally afford all the tools I need to set the ball rolling on my business plan
>Fixing my drum kit
>Earning enough money to move
>Learning the Trombone
>Learning the Ukelele

That's a revised list. There are more I could add, but I'm not particularly proud to admit most of them. These will all haunt me until done, this month is just the start for some of them, but it NEVER ENDS. :Ccry:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
Sounds like you need a round tuit Hilly  :Claugh:

Cause like me you will get it all done when you get a round tuit  :Cbiggrin:

Ok new post coming up as there is nowt happening on the bocking front I recon we should all have a guilt post about all the things we should be doing and see how long it takes us to do them
I will start it now and carry yours across Hilly

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 09:12:29 PM »
some one you build one of the tube cases you can get for skis and snowboards but for stilts :)