Author Topic: Quick release Brackets  (Read 12896 times)

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Quick release Brackets
« on: November 30, 2013, 01:57:11 AM »
Is there any way I can buy a set of the quick release brackets by themselves? I don't really have the cash for a whole set of exos right now and from what I've seen on other people's stilts the quick release is really useful (plus you're not always worrying about losing one of those pesky bolts)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Quick release Brackets
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 03:29:47 AM »
Hello, which stilts have you got, im not sure if they would be compatible, however I can see if I can price you up a pair

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 12:58:57 PM »
I've got a pair of 7s T Rexes. As long as the frames are roughly the same size, I could make it work. After doing my xmas shopping though, I'm fair certain that I won't be able to afford anything until my next pay day, just would be nice to know for when i can.

Offline XS

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »
the QR bracket works different than the normal bolt block, its on a hinge mechanism instead of just clamping.  It'd be a lot of work to get it to fit a different model.  you'd have to replace the inner blocks that are mounted to the frame as well as the outer clamping blocks.  And then there'd be no mounting holes for the support rods coming up from the foot plate on your 7's.

In my opinion the QR is the worst part of the exo design.  Unless you're swapping stilts between people often, you should just be able to bolt the cuffs in place and never change it so why would you want that on a quick release?

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:43:46 AM »
I partly just figured they'd be more readily available than the metal brackets needed for secure use of calf cuffs on older stilts, however I didn't think about the support rods, they always seem to slip my notice. I do quite often switch my stilts with people though, and my legs are chunkier than most who I would swap around with. Also If they get knocked in a fall or something it means they're easier to realign, and I'm always looking for a way to carry less tools.

EDIT

Also just thought, that I could use them for a more suitable way for transporting them: Take off the cuffs and put them in a bag, or top box, them clamp the quick releases onto a set of inverted bars attached to my luggage rack: Just need to find some suitable bars now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:22:38 PM by Hilly-of-the-Marshes »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »
I am not sure but I believe that my set of EXO's had the holes for the rods on the back bit of the Q/R unit so you could fit them if you wanted
If there is no hole there is probably enough room to drill one

I will look next time I see one

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: