Author Topic: Quick Release Help needed  (Read 12443 times)

Offline Pauhe Gunor

Quick Release Help needed
« on: November 22, 2013, 11:44:02 PM »
Hello,

I have only just got my Pro Jump EXO Pro, used them a couple of times now running into a problem with the calf cuff/knee bar quick release...

I don't want to over tighten the quick release so don't want to push it in-case i break something, when i had them on after a short while or if i stumble and they clash or to much pressure i was having an issue where the knee bar/cuff was moving and making things even harder as it was putting the stilts at an awkward position.

is it best to have the Allen key / HEX key bracket or is it possible to get it nice n tight with the Quick release?

I have added an image to show what i mean as previous experience with quick release bars can somewhat break with ease.

Would it be ok to say add a bit of inner tube rubber on the inside to help improve grip?

Regards

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:42:35 PM by Pauhe Gunor »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Quick Release Help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 02:58:18 AM »
They shouldnt move, just be firm with it and get it in tight, we havent had many issues with the quick release so if you have any issues with them just let me know and we shall sort it

Offline Pauhe Gunor

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 03:30:11 AM »
Its sorted now thanks, i was just over cautious :)

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:13:38 PM »
I was the same, had to gun it up so tight that i thought I would snap it!

I never really got on with the cuffs, as I always found they would creep slightly even when fully tightened. Kne bars are the way forward!  :Claugh: