Author Topic: Beach Bocking? Can this work?  (Read 13304 times)

Offline Molk958

Beach Bocking? Can this work?
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »
Me and a couple of mates are off on a surfing weekend in a month or so and two of us are thinking about taking projumps for the beach. Does anyone know if a) jumping works well on sand/wet sand? b) If people have tried it, does the water/sand damage the bocks at all?

Offline XS

Re: Beach Bocking? Can this work?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »
dry sand you sink in about 6 inches, but as long as you remember to pick up your feet really high you can walk out to the wet sand.  On wet sand they work about as well as they do on grass.  You make visible footprints, but I've gotten enough bounce to do flips on the beach.  Ever time I've bocked on sand I completely disassemble the lower joints on my stilts and clean them out.  Might be less needed with the current model because the only thing that will get covered in sand is the spring and foot, where the older model had frame going down to the foot that could fill with sand.

Offline Molk958

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 05:05:01 PM »
Cool, all of that was pretty much what i expected... should be a laugh :) Cheers

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »
If you want any more advice as Toddy  :Claugh: He is an expert on sand gave me loads of advice (all of it bad  :Claugh: )

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Molk958

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »
ha! i will be sure to ignore that then! :p Are you going to be at the london meet on the 3rd aug btw Jason?

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 10:47:38 AM »
well ive bocked on the beach and it was ok...
i just think it was jason... he prob upset the beach befor hand i think