Author Topic: Greetings from the South!  (Read 2995 times)

Offline AndyT

Greetings from the South!
« on: June 15, 2013, 10:16:23 PM »
Hi all, Andy here. Just finished uni up in Northampton (2:1 in business!) so picked myself up a pair of bocks as a graduation present  :Cbiggrin:. After next week will be back home down in maidstone area.
Currently just practicing and getting used to them, planning to go for a front flip in 2 weeks (im determined lol), been playing football with my dog on my bocks down at home (better practice than it sounds) and the screw nut for the quick release clamp on the leg cuffs binding managed to eat its own threads, so currently taking an inadvertent rest period until the maintence kit gets here and i can replace the screw nut :D

Offline Gremlin

Re: Greetings from the South!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:16:53 AM »
Welcome to the mad house, if you are feeling adventurous we are doing a London meet on the 14th July by the London eye be good to see a few new faces :Nero:

Offline AndyT

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »
Sounds good, i'll see if I can make it to there, will be nice to meet some other bockers and learn a few tips.

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 02:42:34 PM »
If you plan to flip on bocks, make sure you can do it comfortably on a trampoline (or your feet).

Welcome to the forum! You will have loads of fun with your new toy :)

Offline Molk958

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 02:50:51 PM »
I've been meaning to ask. I can do a back flip very comfortably on a trampoline from standing, but how different is it on Projumps? I assume controlling the landing is the key difference?

Offline AndyT

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 11:32:22 PM »
im not too sure on how different it will be from standing/trampoline and on bocks, I'd assume as long as you get the technique right on the back flip then the majority of your momentum should be going directly to the ground and so be relatively stable, and given that you are able to see the floor as you come to land, it shouldnt be too much of a leap (although don't take my word for that)

I plan to use the next two weeks to practice front flips from standing (using an old mattress as a makeshift crash pad  :Cbiggrin:) and watching various videos explaining the movements in detail.

I'll attempt to video my first try on stilts so we can all enjoy me face planting the floor :D