Author Topic: Linking flips  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Davido

• The Ego
Linking flips
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm getting pretty confident at doing single back flips, but wanted to start trying to link flips together. I'm thinking its just a case if 'go for it' but wanted to know if anyone had any tips to help me out?

Is there a way to build up to it, what to avoid, top tips?

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
Re: Linking flips
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:25:56 PM »
can you do birianies yet ? and forwards ? if not get them down to a T first before going for links if you can best thing is to make sure you can do it comfortably on trampolines first then just get a nice big crash mat and transfer the technique over on you stilts as it is the same principle if there is a gym meet anywhere so that we can both get to id be happy to show you

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
Hi Greg, I can barani and front quite happily on a trampoline and link a few flips up but not transferred them successfully to bocks yet :( Have done a few fronts but not consistent enough to try without mats just yet.

Thinking I'll have a go this weekend with the crash mats and see if I can get them down before going for multiples!

Thank you very much for the advice! Would love to meet up sometime soon, let me know the next meet you're going to and I'll get there if I can.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 05:55:17 PM »
Probably your best bet this weekend is to do it the same as you did the single backflip mate

If we set you up so you can do the first one onto either the floor or a thin mat and place the thick mats just past where you land you should be safe if you really screw up the second one
Then just get you doing a high bounce or trick after you land the first flip 

I personaly think (having seen you flip) that the only thing that will stop you is lack of comitment or fear as you are well capable of doing it mate just need the confidence

Like Clive would say trust us Grasshopper  :Claugh: after all you survived the first time  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:43:36 PM »
Haha, well I'll admit I survived but I don't think my knees will ever be the same again!  :Claugh:

Okay if you guys are happy to help me then I will do my best to make it happen. I'll put the camera on so worst case scenario we can get £250 out of my pain :P

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 08:19:26 AM »
please dont try back to back strait out because this kind of thing happens

gYGSA&index=12

look at the 2nd attempt

Offline XS

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
work up to chained flips slowly, do a flip and work on getting a good bounce out of it by doing a flip and then 3 bounces and then a split kick.  Once you are doing a solid, high, controlled split kick replace the split kick with a 2nd flip.  Once that is comfortable, repeat and take out one bounce at a time so flip, 2 bounces, split kick, once your in control, flip, 2 bounce, filp, then go down to one bounce, and then no bounces.  Chains are all about having good control on the landing of your flips.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 07:10:02 PM »
Good plan XS

Sort of what I was planning for Dave

If I can stop him from rushing into the hall and trying to do 3 in a row  :Claugh: (probably do it to)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: