Author Topic: Spalding flower parade-need numbers asap  (Read 3292 times)

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
Spalding flower parade-need numbers asap
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:18:08 PM »
I've been informed that this year is the 54th and last Spalding flower parade.
I myself have never been involved in it but in years past previous bockers have and, because it's the last ever one i think it would be great to have a really big turn out. I know Spalding is away in the back and beyond of nowhere but would anyone consider coming along and helping us out with this? The organizers have said it would be really nice to have us there but we do need to know some numbers.
If you could reply, great.
If you could come, brilliant.

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: Spalding flower parade-need numbers asap
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:51:14 PM »
Did this a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. When is it? I may be able to make it.

EDIT:
I just checked the date and it's May 4th. I'm afraid I won't be able to make that, I was hoping it was going to be duriung the holidays.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:20:09 PM by Hilly-of-the-Marshes »

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 05:42:46 PM »
Shame :( hopefully some can make it because at the minute we're looking at a turnout of maybe 3 or 4  :Cno:

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
Google Maps distance : 148 miles - 2hrs 40 mins. It's a bit of a trek but it's not the worst!

I'll see if I can get anyone down here to come along but it sounds like a good time :) Can you post up some more details of what the event entails and the skill level of bockers you need?

if I can help in any way, I will :)

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »
Basically its a chance for spalding to celebrate its long history of growing flowers. (even though most are grown in Holland now)
There is a parade with decorated floats. The organizers would like us to walk with a float that is themed as "circus" so we would presumably dress up (optional) as some sort of circus act.
I'm not sure how long the route is but the parade starts at 14:00 and i think it should finish at around about 16:00 and regularly stops and starts along the route so its not too tiring.
Any skill level is good, we're not so much looking for skill as numbers but obviously people will have a better time if they're interested in what we're doing so any sort of flashy trick would be nice but i would just suggest you come along to promote the sport, have a bit of a bounce and enjoy yourselves.
If you need more information i can try and find out for you.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »
When we did it a few years go, the walk took about 2 hours its a pretty long one! Good fun though, make sure you get them to provide drinks, it can get pretty warm :).

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:22:08 AM »
Anyone fancy coming and doing it with us then?

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
Such a shame none of you can make it. Looks like just Andy is going to be there representing bockers :/
And its the last event  :Cfrown: