Author Topic: Forum  (Read 4366 times)

Offline Gremlin

Forum
« on: December 28, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »
Why is it so quite on here now then what it seamed like it use to be? :Cmad: :Cnah: :Cno:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »
Well it depends on your time frame really. It's probably just the time of year but there was a time in 2006-7 where this forum would see about 40 posts a day. I had to keep checking it several times a day just to keep up with the action.

People will say that the rise of facebook has made the forum quieter and that might be true enough, but there just are not that many active groups bocking at the moment in the UK which is a real shame. Hopefully after the holidays it will pick up a bit and then even more so when some nice weather arrives.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 10:02:18 PM »
Don't know about everyone else but between coughing and sleeping I didn't have time this Xmas  :Claugh:

Think it is just people hibernating due to the rain and all the turkey they have been forced to eat  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »
Im quite recent but it says there are over 5000 members on the forum but it just seams to be the same names that keep posting all the time, is there no way to get people more envolved with the forum/sport and get more people active?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
The 5000 members are mainly lapsed members but having said that there are a lot of people that post occasionaly and a lot more that just come on here to read the latest posts

What we need are a few hardcore members that come on here and have a laugh every day to make it interesting enough for people to join in and turn it back into a community

If you look back at the earlier posts there are always a few regulars and if they are having a good time others join in

Summer is easier to get the enthusiasm up as people want to go out and play

Bocks main advantage is also one of their main disadvantage
They get you out in the fresh air and make you fitter but the main time that young people can afford them (Xmas) is the last time most people are thinking about going out so things computers and games consuls win out

That is why most younger people get into it by trying a pair and then buying and the older people like me buy a set and then learn

So Roy the upshot of this is if you start taking the micky out of me on here a lot of people might join in  :Claugh:

Seriously though folks the more you post the more answers you will get

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »
It is rather dead recently. I haven't been on here that long and even I can notice a difference.

We just need more people posting pics/vids and making new threads to get the interest up :) Roll on summer!

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »
its only been dead since me and carma has sorta retired

but i will be coming out of it soon  :Cnotworthy:
and hopefullymoving to reading/basingstoke area this year for my new job   :Cchatterbox: really i have one

so i will be bouncing along to the banned meets more

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
I can tell you within the last 7 days about 30 members have logged into the forum at one time or another. The problem is most of them log in to check the forum and not to contribute to it…or simply think they dont have anything to contribute.

If you do go back a few years you will see most of the chat is just that, friendly banter. There really wasnt a lot of bocking chat with the exception of people needing advice (mostly flips), organising a meet or posting an introduction to themselves.  We just dont really get any of those anymore.

Something we hardly see anymore which I absolutely miss like mad is newbies posting videos. You know, those bambi moments or the look on their faces when they learn to jump up a 4 inch step. I think everyone should do this.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
You are dead right about those newbee vids Locky  :Cbiggrin:

And as soon as I feel better I will make some more of me and Clive as we are still both having trouble with all forms of jumping  :Claugh:

Anyway folks lets try harder as I for one miss all the friendly banter that we used to have on here although I must admit we do have the same sort of fum on most of our meets now just need to transfer it onto here as well

Maybe I should start a "Why is Dave so good and how can we stop him" post  :Claugh:
Or a post about  "When am I gonna be able to jump onto anything without panicing"  :Cbiggrin: (yes even 18" still scare me sill the first time each meet)

Or you could all start putting your worst jokes on the Xmas post here

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=7528.msg77546;topicseen#new

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »
Lets tie Daves stilts together and see how well he does then :Ctongue:

Is there anyway of advertising the forum on youtube videos people put up or try and get more evolved in fates (like Clives Tiger) or doing walk for life/sponsored events again cause of the amount of people who come and speak to us when we are on our meets to get people interested? Wills a good example from the last time we were out in Staines, if we can get more of us together then more people might be more interested to come and have a chat

Offline muncher

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
'Unlurk' hello all!
I've been watching you all with great interest.. Yes the forum has been quiet recently, but xmas, cold and illness always make a difference at this time of year. Also, my mum is in her 70's and needs some looking after, plus, I've met a girl and need to take some time and see her.. But there is always something in the pipeline. Walk for life will be going ahead, plus were going to find another-( walk for life isn't what it used to be) plus there are rumours of a London meet in January- Clive, David and me are up for it.. Poss around the 20th if the weather is Clement! And here's a bombshell! Where is cb2013????
Perhaps this should go on another thread!

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »
You also have the sport relief mile all around the country that you could get people to go to or other sponsored events around the country or other areas or even make our own event to get sponsored for like 5 mile walk and then a 5 mile run/walk which if you then give it to a charity or done a big sponsored event you can get the opportunity for publicity?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »
Just an idea for the forum thing, we used to have a night organised everyweek in the chatroom. Maybe we could do that again.

I know last time I announced on facebook I was having a chatroom party we had about 16 people in there lol. But I mean to do it regularly and with less sillyness. Try and encourage the newbies and the lurkers to come in.

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 04:00:14 PM »
^^ good plan

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »
Hi everyone :p

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »
Hi Naz......Happy New Year to you and your family x

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 10:31:05 PM »
lol who is the webmaster geezer? Must be a newbie ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »
Happy New Year everyone

Jason  :Hoofies2:  :CGEEK: