Author Topic: HELLO FROM BRAZIL  (Read 4278 times)

Offline PERES

• "Never give up, always try."
HELLO FROM BRAZIL
« on: December 18, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
Hello bockers!

I'm Alex Peres, 32, from Brazil,  and it's a pleasure to join you guys in this forum. This sport isn't common in Brazil yet, anywhere you go you can't find it or somebody that can talk about this sport; but I think in a couple of months it'll be popular.
I bought my powerstrider in the only single store that sell it in Brazil, located in São Paulo, there's no other store selling it yet. When I called the stores looking for it, they even didn't know what  pro-jump, powerstrider, 7league boots, fly jump, poweriser, skyrunner, means...
So I bought my power stilts, in 1, december 2012, and could practice only 5 times. I was able to walk already I got balance, but I didn't know how to stand up after a fall. So I couldn't go out with my stilts cause I wouldn't be able to stand up by myself.
So my weight is 94 kg, and I bought springs from 100kg - 110kg; I've read in some posts that is better get one size up. Even though, the salesperson advice me to get 90 kg - 100 kg.
I felt this springs are so hard and I think that was my difficult to stand up alone; cause the springs can't compress when I put my weight on it.
I was trying to get up and I got hurt by some muscular distansion on my groin and leg. So that I can't walk without stilts ...LOL
Anyway, I'm so anxious cause I bought my power stilts to practice in this Xmas and January and know I can't cause of this hurt.... I'm so upset with that. But, there's no thing to do, without waiting get my groin and leg better.
It will take about 3 to 6 months without my power stilts, just at this moment that I'd love to be walking around and specially cause nobody have seen power stilts here in my town yet... I would be famous....hahaha....

I'd like to know if this kind of muscular distantion is normal for bockers or just for beginners?

Take care bockers!

Alex

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: HELLO FROM BRAZIL
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:47:04 PM »
Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum

First the weight on stilts depends on two things
Which model you have and how fit you are

The older style of stilts you had to buy about 10kg above your body weight
The new style (CZ series) you need to buy springs that are the same weight as you

The 100-110kg springs come in all different weights and they are normally marked with the exact weight on either the top or bottl end of the spring so if you can find 3 numbers on them that will be the weight (eg 105 = 105kg )

If you are super fit you can go above your bodyweight by quite a lot (normally up to 10kg but I know some people who have gone much heigher)
Springs do feel stiff when you first start and as you develoup your technique and build leg muscle they will seem softer

As for your aches and pains mate that is normal  :Claugh: complaints include

Not being able to get up is not a problem mate just do the Crawl of Shame to the nearest lamppost of fence and pull yourself up  :Claugh: (Thats what I do  :Cbiggrin: )

Bockers back (lumber and higher aches and pains) due to using muscles you don't normally use
Bockers Knee (due to hyperextending the knee joints ) feels like you have bent your knee back to far and goes after a few weeks bocking
Groin strains are normally due to falls but can be caused by slips or trips (painful but funny  :Claugh:)
The usual complaint is that your whole body aches like someone has been kicking you  :Claugh: only answer for that is to get fit  :Cbiggrin:

Having said all this if you feel you have really hurt yourself see a doctor just in case

I hope you get some other people to buy some and Bock with you soon as it is more fun Bocking in a group as you push each other to do better and have a good laugh

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline PERES

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »
Hi Jason!

Thank you for all advices!

My powerstrider is the new CZ-Series, I've checked my springs, one at the botton is 105 and other is 107. It's at least 10 kg over my weight.
Anyway, as I told, I could practice only 5 times about one hour in each time. :(
Now, after have gotten this terrible painful cause by trying to stand up, I unfortunatelly need to stop using my powerstrider until get my legs walking better.

I'm accustomed of feeling some pains cause I also practice lifting weights at gym, it's normal. But this distansion, no, it's not normal, it's so painful, I can't even walk in my house.... :Claugh:

There are some guys interested of buying power stilts, but not for now, they are saving some money first. Cause it's so expensive here in Brazil, it's about US$ 450,00 a pair of powerstrider and plus US$ 100,00 for a pair of knee pad, wrist pads and elbow pads.

Thanks for replying Jason! I'll post some informations about new bockers in my place when I find them....hehehehe

Hugs!

Alex

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »
Hey mate welcome to the forum how are you finding your stilts? :PJ101John:

The pains go once you get use to jumping, i do weights down the gym when i can and use different muscles when im on the stilts

Offline PERES

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:25:19 PM »
Hi Gremlin!
So since I got hurt in 13, December. I've stopped used my power stilts :(
So it happens after only 5 times of use it. This distention in my groin and low abdomen is so painful, it was impossible even to walk without stilts. Now I'm getting better, but I still feel pains. So I went to my friend that is doctor and he said this type of distention takes about 3 to 6 months for completely healing. In some cases it can extend until 12 months. It's tipical lesion for football players he says.
So I took my medicines and I'm just resting to fast recovery. I can say I'm so upset cause I can't use it now, specially at this time that is summer here in Brazil and holiday for most of all from studies or work.
There's nobody using this powerstrider in my town and it's no common to see it here anywhere you go. You can't find it on stores. There's only one store selling of this product here in Brazil. So that make me feel so anxious to get use of my powerstrider.
Anyway, I'll wait until March and see how is going my recovering and start using my stilts again.
I also go to gym to workout and I have some fat belly, that is one of those motives that I bought my stilts. I'd like to know if this power stilt really help us lose fat weight??

Thank for adding me at the forum and please pardon me for my poor english.

Alex

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »
Sorry to hear about your injury hope you get better soon, one of the same reasons i got a pair was to lose my belly  :Claugh: the more you get on them the better the belly goes and once you start jumping around and onto things you will soon feel it working :Cyes: saying that need to get back on my again and more often

Offline PERES

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »
Gremlin!
The first reason I bought my powerstrider is because I'm crazy about acrobatics, so when I was teenager I used to practice acrobatics, now I found the opportunite to get back :)
And for the othewise I can lose my belly  :Cbiggrin:

I used just 5 times my pair and then I got this injury, since 13/12/12  until now without using my pairs  :Cconfused:

My injury got better, I can walk but I can't do too much effort on my right leg, so I'm thinking of waiting until March to get much better and then begin again...

I'm getting so crazy everyday looking at my pairs in my bedroom and I can't use it  :Cfrown:

In Brazil we have good weather all the year, never snow here; so I can practice everyday  :Cbiggrin:

Take care mate!

Offline Tweak

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 05:09:51 PM »
Feel better bro. Right now in Philly it cold as balls and its stoping me from bocking I put em on the other day stoodup and bam cold as anything wind hit me and I was like yup I'm done for the day lol
Tweak of the KeyStone Bockers

Offline PERES

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 07:59:38 PM »
Thank you bro!

Are you able to do some front and back flits?

Offline Tweak

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 08:48:46 PM »
Not I at least not yet still getting jumping down

Offline PERES

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 09:27:04 PM »
That's okay bro.

Let's practice and then we can  :Cbiggrin:

:Straddle5:

Hugs

Offline Tweak

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 05:13:24 AM »
Hell yes my friend it should be wicked as s :PJ101Ian: it

Offline skyzthelimitz

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 11:32:22 PM »
Oi Alex. My name is Andrew. I am from Canada but now I live in Sao Paulo.  On February 20. My mom is going to come here with some jumping Stilts. We should go to villa lobos together. Email me at Skyzthelimitz@hotmail.com
 :Straddle5:

Offline PERES

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 03:09:33 PM »
Hi Andrew!
Nice to hear you're living in Brazil, so you can scape for lots os snows in Canada, and you'll have chance to practice everyday if you could do it.  :Cwink:
Well, I'm living in Penápolis-SP and it's about 500 Km from São Paulo Capital, so and other hand, I'm still recovering from my distension, it takes so long to get back  :Cmask:

Anyway, I have an aunt who lives in São Paulo capital, sometimes when I get time off and go to SP, we can combine to practice together, don't worry.

I think you'll find people using power stilts at Parque Ibirapuera, if you never be there, you should go. It's a place that many people use to jog, run and practice many different sports, such as skate, roller blades, capoeira, gymnastics and so on.

Friend follow my skype and msn address to contacts skype: alexengineer  or msn: eng.alexperes@hotmail.com

I'm so anxious to use my powerstrider back.

Take care and enjoy in time bouncing around!

:Nero: