Author Topic: Cuffs or bars?  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Adman

Cuffs or bars?
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:06:44 PM »
Hey guys,

Just opened up my pro jumps and I have both knee bars and calf cuffs. Which is better or is it preference and what do you recommend for a beginner like myself?

Or have i been a bit silly and I actually use both :Cerr:

Any advice would be awesome! Cheers

Adam

Offline TheWhiteYeti

Re: Cuffs or bars?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »
Cuffs are more comfy.

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
Lol you havent been silly! You use one or the other!

I prefer calf cuffs man! Fit comfy and give good support! A pain in the a**e to set up (From my experience) but once you've got em set up nice they are great!

I did try the knee bars and they were not (in my opinion) as good as the calf cuffs! But it is down to personal preference and I have noticed alot of people on this forum would suggest calf cuffs!

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 04:01:58 PM »
I actually heart knee bars.

But apparently I'm in the minority with that. Best thing is to try both and see which you find more comfortable for you.

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »
I think, if nothing else, you should try knee bars first, so that you know how it should feel. Otherwise you may get the alignment of the calf cuffs wrong. I've seen this happen, where because they were out of alignment, the guy used them for ages thinking he just wasn't very good. This also warped the frames and he had to get them replaced.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »
Entirely down to personal preference mate

When I started cuffs were all but impossible to get and I hated the bars so much (they rubbed my legs raw) I made my own cuffs

Dave started with cuffs and changed to bars to try them now he loves the bars

I think it depends a lot on what shape your legs are and how much protection you wear under the bars (I am bowlegged due to riding horses from a young age and this means the bars constantly rub on one side of my legs I can also adjust the cuffs to one side to compensate which makes me much more ballanced in cuffs

So agree with Hilly try both see which you prefer

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 08:43:37 PM »
I had him on the cuffs as he has a giant bruise on his shin today. (Unrelated. Haha) He can always try the bars tomorrow.  :Csmile: