Author Topic: Pro Exo Standard Straps  (Read 3848 times)

Offline TheWhiteYeti

Pro Exo Standard Straps
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:49:31 PM »
Free to a good home. Now I've put on my snowboard bindings I have a spare set of buckles knocking about. If anyone needs a spare buckle or the straps, or just wants to go NUTS and try something silly with a set of buckles, feel free to send me a PM.  :Csmile:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
Re: Pro Exo Standard Straps
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:27:56 AM »
Tell me about you snowboard bindings?
How much?
where from?
Are they much better? etc.
Do they straight swop or do you have to alter anything to get them to fit?  :CGEEK:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:44:56 AM »
Certainly sir!

Firstly here is the link so you can see what they are. http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=7455.0

Simply, they are Raven bindings. You'll struggle to find the bindings without the foot plates, but I'm hoping to work those into my bocks when I'm done with my current project so I can have comfier footbeds!
Size wise, you will notice that the moveable plastic bush (this allows the rotation of the buckle without wear) is a slightly bigger internal diameter. But you can swap them around with minimal effort, on one side it didn't have a bush, so I've just bolted it through and it hasn't complained yet.
As for better? In my opinion the comfort is tops. Though snowboard boots are thick and hefty for safety and warmth, the softer the buckles inside they better they'll grab hold of the foot, plus they're usually ready molded to a foot shape in my bindings case. More you pay, better the buckles.

Cost wise I spent a little over £50 including P+P.

Here is the ebay link to the set I bought from a lovely German shop, most pro shops are darn expensive! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raven-Bindings-s300-White-Gold-S-M-New-/390360131720?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Bindings_CV&hash=item5ae346e888#ht_4396wt_1397

As I've rambled! To sum up, yes you can straight swap with minimal to no effort. Comfort is much better as well as grip and tightness you can get from the buckles and there are loads of different styles/colours or you could dye them like me.

Ryan. (Sorry again for the ramble)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:26:10 AM »
Ryan I'll happily take the standard straps off you if they are still there. No need to post them, sounds like we'll meet up soon enough.

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:32:29 AM »
Haha, you and Davido need to fight for them! Shall we arrange Bocking Combat? :Claugh:

Offline Davido

• The Ego
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »
To be fair I did ask first  :Claugh:

However as I don't need them I'll happily bow out of this one.

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »
I don't mind! I'll probably see you both on Halloween so it could always be a best costume prize too.  :Claugh: