Author Topic: concern  (Read 4706 times)

Offline SQUID

concern
« on: February 05, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »
Hello, I have recently bought Adult "skyrunners" which I assume are the non pro versions of powerisers.

Everything seems to be adjusted well, I adjusted the knee brace to fit a few centimeters below the knee so it's resting on the shin bone but as I was jumping (while holding onto a pole) I landed with the weight on my heel (aswell as leaning a little forward with my upper body) which caused me to have a straight leg upon landing. This hurt my knee like as if it was going to fold in the wrong direction. I got really freaked out, it sorta happened a few times after.  If someone could help me with this problem I'd be really, really gratefull.

One more thing, the back of my leg (calf) doesn't touch the padding and my foot hangs over the foot plate by around 2 centimeters, is this normal?

Thanks heaps!!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: concern
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:01:18 PM »
Hi Squid, welcome aboard.

Dont worry about your calf not tocuhing the calf pad - its really there as a sort of backup incase the strap snaps.

As for your injury, well its backward knee syndrome! There isnt much you can do about it. It's easy to say ALWAYS land with your legs bent but when your  mid-jump and you lose your balance then you often dont get much choice.
A little more experience will sort it out. I'm afraid it's just one of those things to go through while learning :(
Once you're really used to it you will realise how important your arms and body posture is to your balance and jump height but its not something you can really teach someone.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:03:00 PM by Uncle Matt! »

Offline SQUID

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:30:52 AM »
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

Offline razhaz11

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »
dude just get it sorted..........make sure you buy stuuff from pro jump!

Offline oafc_bouncer

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 08:46:42 PM »
dude just get it sorted..........make sure you buy stuuff from pro jump!
buy stuff ???
oafc til i die.