Author Topic: Strange story...  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Strange story...
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »
This week at our gym session Mikey (who is 14) set me a friendly competition on the high jump since we are both on 180cm. Just a bit of fun. Anyway he had a bad back and I was just not feeling it. Going for 185 now and failed probably about 15 times but I was trying to adjust my technique hear and there which is much harder than it sounds.

Well I don't know what happened but I came down hard and once again with no pads on managed to crash down on the only small area that didnt have mats on it. Whacked my right knee cap and stubbed my toe so bad I later thought it might be broken. Everyone just stopped and there was a big "omg matt has fallen" moment and I just sat there wondering if my knee was going to be bad knowing we had a few xmas gigs this week.
But then I went a bit deeper on the emotional side of things and wondered if I'd reached the time where my body just could no longer take the battering my mind wanted it to do. I actually sat there and wondered if my bocking time was up. Right there.
I climbed to my feet and in a really stupid move I said I'm going to give it one more go. It was irresponsible. Dangerous. Daft. Sounds like me right?
Some way, some how I did it. I cleared it. Suddenly all my doubts were gone. It's really strange and I can't explain it. Maybe sometimes you need to push yourself right to the edge to achieve the goal. Or maybe I just needed to do it one more time. We'll never know.

190 cm? I'll need new springs for that and to somehow loose quite a bit of weight.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:10:51 AM by Locky »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
Re: Strange story...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:37 PM »
Big or f'ing small :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:12:21 PM »
Know the feeling Mate  :Claugh:

At my age I get that feeling just before I get on them  :Cbiggrin:

Glad you made it but you are missing one thing that is a must in that situation

An Evil mate with a camera check out our latest meet vid for my moment of shame

Unlike you I didn't try it again (still can't move the shoulder properly)but there is always this sunday  :Cbiggrin:

Like Joe says "Push your Limits" and visit us so we can film the next one  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 01:57:34 AM »
I think that's the best bocking story I've ever heard! 185cm, nice! Mind over matter, nice! How are your knee and toe doing now?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:31:37 PM »
The toe is quite bad but just bruised I think. Fortunately you can bock fine with a bad big toe :)
The knee is alright…kinda. We're back in the gym sunday and I suppose I should take it easy and give the high jump a miss but we'll see what mood everyone else is in before making decisions like that!