Author Topic: Ryan from Cheltenham Uk  (Read 3134 times)

Offline TheWhiteYeti

Ryan from Cheltenham Uk
« on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »
Hello Guys!

Bought some projump stilts on Saturday and I'm absolutely loving them! I've only spent a few hours on them and I can walk, jog and jump comfortably, but not to the best the stilts can offer! I'm currently in the process of buying better straps and armouring up my spring a-la the mod board.

Any tips would be welcome and any other members in the area, it would be good to get to know you!

Thanks,

Ryan

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Ryan from Cheltenham Uk
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:08:13 PM »
Hi Ryan

Welcome to the forum ( or Madhouse  :Claugh: )

The best bit of advice I can give you is to join up with other local bockers
Failing that mate travel to your nearest meets as you will get on much faster with others to get help from and compete against

Most important bit of kit are pads and wristguards (they will save a stay in hospital which stops you bocking  :Claugh: )

Get out there and have fun  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »
Hello Jason

I have been on many forums and they are all their own separate madhouses! So I'm used to it. Haha

I was hoping to get a few people from the West Midlands and Glos/Chelt area to respond to this post but there can't be many from there on here. I'll have to travel to a few meets when I feel I'm up to scratch, trying to get a few mates to learn to bounce.

Thanks very much for the advise and the friendly welcome! I really appreciate it.

Ryan

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 01:26:44 PM »
Hi Ryan

Welcome to this mad world!
Get in touch with a guy known as Spawnyb aka Greyham on here. he's from Bristol or Bath. He's the nearest bocker I can think of to you. Or there is the Birmingham crew tho I haven't heard much from them for a while. There is also the Welsh bockers in Cardiff, Locky is the guy on here to contact for them.
We are too far away in Chester for you tho you would be very welcome.
Hope this is a help in getting you connected.

SNuD (Steve)

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:40:25 PM »
Thank you very much for the names. When I get a touch better I'll start coming to all the meets. I have managed to get one of my mates interested and his should be delivered this week so I'm going to help him learn next weekend! How many people are required to be in a club? Is two enough?   :Claugh:

Ryan.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:45:03 PM »
yup :)

You're welcome to join us in cardiff bay mate. We usually go out a bit last minute though whenever there is good weather.

Offline TheWhiteYeti

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
Excellent! Might be more of a two man team than a club!  :Claugh:

It's very nice to meet you Locky, I really appreciate the offer. I'm only motorbike capable at the moment, so when I hook my mate (he has a car) then we'll be a lot more mobile and I can learn from the masters!

Ryan

Offline Adman

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 10:08:21 AM »
Hello, I am friend with car! It won't be too long before we start roaming the country in search of you guys I'm sure! So long as work let me loose on the weekend!