Author Topic: Nearly game over injury  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Nearly game over injury
« on: June 19, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »
Last night we were in the bay and I'd literally just put my stilts on and warmed up. Some of the others were already trying to jump up over two of the large steps to the top ledge where the rail is on this pic, and I decided to try it to.

Well I got one leg up on to the ledge but my right leg didn't want to so it landed on the white concrete step in a hyper-extended fashion. The pain was excruciating. I literally screamed out and ripped off my stilt and realised I couldn't put any weight on it at all. I really feared the worse for it.
I hobbled over to the dock wall and sat down for half an hour, completely gutted that such a stupid little thing could put my bocking days to an end.
After an hour or so I could walk on it and when I got home I realised most of my weight was on my other leg which has probably saved me.
I'm pretty sure if I had landed on it with the normal weight I wouldn't be able to bock again. I cant remember the name of the ligament there (begins with C I think) but its takes a very long time to heal.

Fortunately today it is much better. I have a support on and I'm resting it and taking it easy walking upstairs etc but I think in a few days it should be bockable again. I hope so. We have festivals on the weekend :)

Anyway I posted this cuz it just goes to show you never know when it might happen and even with pads and helmet etc you are still at risk.
But hey, no risk…no fun!

Offline super-spring

• My You Tube
Re: Nearly game over injury
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
hope you get well soon buddy  :Cno: swear iv lost count of the amount of injury's you have had this year haha ! Think someones a bitty older than they feel  :Cwink:
Most kids play foot ball ... Or ride bikes or skate board... But me, I am no normal kid ! I love to bock !

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:07:45 PM »
Nice try Locky  :Cbiggrin:

But you are in bocking for life mate  :Claugh:

Hope it heals soon and well mate

I know what you mean though my worst injury to date was through slipping on mud at a gentle walk  :Ccry:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:20:17 AM »
It's funny, I watch our latest little star, Rob and he has absolutely no fear. There is this large wooden bench - directly next to torchwood tower for those who know the bay) and its been a longstanding challenge to jump along it with just 2 bounces. Nearly everyone can do it in 3 but 2 takes some real power and commitment. And Rob just flies over it like it's nothing.
I have had bad luck with my knees this year. My left one was bad just after christmas and it still has bad days now and then but this injury was my right knee which has always been old faithful.
Today I foolishly went and stood on the trampoline and gave it a little bounce. It was fine. I'm not trying to push it too soon, just trying to work out if I can backflip on it on Saturdays gig!

Hey you know what we say, if you're not bleeding…you're not pushing yourself hard enough.
It's better to try and fail than it is not to try :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
We must be getting old mate  :Claugh:

Thursday I fell off my drift skates and landed on my left knee (I endo'ed my motorbike and it fell on me 3 weeks ago left leg under it)

Couldn't stand on it for 10 mins
Today I'm out bocking on it  :Claugh: and fell over too  :Cbiggrin:

Add stupid to the Old bit in my case

Hope today went well

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25:55 PM »
You are as bad as me mate :)

Today was fine, infact I was so busy I was only on stilts 5 mins. The knee seems to ache more walking on stilts and is fine for jumping. Suits me just fine!