Author Topic: First two Mods in two weekends  (Read 3500 times)

Offline ES-EM

• Western Canadian Bocker!
First two Mods in two weekends
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
All right this is what I did the first weekend:

After 2 years of owning my Bocks I didn't know anything about the world of Bocking other than the fact that you can jump really high :Ctongue: One day, after a buddy of mine reminded me about them (they were in a closet out of sight out of mind :Ctwitcy: ), I decided to get back on them and went for a 10 Kilometer walk over gravel, pavement, and various other rough surfaces, WITHOUT SOCKS! And my hoofs were already worn out see:

I ended up wearing a hole right through the hoof down to the metal on one stilt so it seemed my Bocking, with that pair atleast, was over. But then I found this site and started reading and learning... and LEARNING! So I decided to put some tire armor on my springs and some socks based off some pics I saw (not from a tutorial) and did this (sorry no pics during the process):
Here they are to begin

And here they are after

I filled the hole with silicone and some hockey tape and it turned out like this (again no pic during process):

That was the first weekend. Now onto the second weekend:

I didn't like the job I did on the tire and I decided I like the more natural look of inner tube armor so I changed it to this:

And upgraded my socks to this (and have also put screws to keep them from sliding):

There. Two Mods in two wekends! What do think of my handy work?
P.S. Sorry for the fuzzy photos they were taken with my iPod  :Claugh:
Edit: P.P.S. I also apologize for the large size of the pics. I can't adjust how big they are on my ipod  :Cno:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:16:38 PM by ES-EM »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: First two Mods in two weekends
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
Looking good there mate

should give you a bit more grip

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline super-spring

• My You Tube
Re: First two Mods in two weekends
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »
Really cool :) whe i got my stilts i got them bike tire things too :D but i took them off as it made them look kinda stupid and not so serious but love the plane tube thing :) well done ! might try it myself :P
Most kids play foot ball ... Or ride bikes or skate board... But me, I am no normal kid ! I love to bock !