Author Topic: PFJ is deserted  (Read 46517 times)

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
PFJ is deserted
« on: May 30, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »
Returning to the forum after many months of settling into a routine of work, i have come to realise that PFJ is not what it used to be :( Where has everyone gone? where is the hustle and bustle. Clive and Jason were organising a school meet and no one replied!!  a year ago that thread would have had 50 replies by now...

Is bocking not what it used to be?

are people just not bothering with the forum anymore?

I miss having this central hub of information. but it looks like its not anymore.

Last post... 2 days ago.. then it jumps to 6 days ago.... this is so sad...  :Ccry:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: PFJ is deserted
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 01:46:54 PM »
I know how you feel Kiwi. I was thinking much the same thing.

In previous years ANY thread with a meet up was full of replies and many people would go to events like the walk for life and even the Lincoln gym meets have been low numbers.

I dont know whats going on, maybe some people dont have time to bock anymore. I know the welshies are still going strong infact some of our newbies want to go out every single day but here on the forum things are so quiet I'm having second thoughts about organising Capital Bocking this year :/

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
I think you should do it for old times sake. We need to get people excited about bocking again. the publicity of the few people that come will help.

What do you think

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »
Oh dont worry its going ahead, but I have a horrible feeling it will be the last one :(

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
I hope not....

Where are you organising it?

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »
I didnt think forum was that dead? there are fewer replies on topic but there are always a few.
Its just that if there is nothing to post about then nobody posts.
I won't be able to go to capital bocking (i live in east lincolnshire) but i wish i could.
Me and Andy are building up a nice group around here but most other people are around london and in southern areas.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
I think we're really just comparing the overall activity compared to a few years ago.
We used to have 15-20 new replies on threads everyday and the whole bocking community was buzzing.

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:49 PM »
Listen to us oldies lol

BACK IN THE DAY.....

But yeh. It was much more busy here.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 09:24:49 PM »
I can remember this discusion a couple of years ago when the forum went quiet for a while

It goes in fits and starts and the really hot weather makes it go quiet as everyone is having barbies and getting ready for the jubilie

I am glad the meet was canceled this weekend as it would have been too hot and still for serious bocking

And there is always next weekend

You will always find a central core of people here Kiwi but a lot of others are occasional visitors

Anyway where have you been for so long  :Claugh: and why not get along to a few meets

Whats that expresion "If you don't use it you loose it"  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »
I personally don't think the Bocking scene is fading, however where there was once a couple of forums that united the community, this has been fragmented by own group forums in the past and now facebook. Unfortunately although Facebook provides instant access to bockers its not a centralised location which is easy to document like the forums are and become a resource. Its sad but its just the way that technology or trends often kill the more traditional ways to communicate.

We still get a lot of visitors to the forum however I think its more a case of browsing & reading than posting. It would be good to get everyone back but many of the original bockers don't have the time to bock as much as they use to and sadly (although not a bad thing) because theres so much information already on the forum it may be a case that the usual newbie questions that often use to make the forums busy are just not asked anymore or when they are instead of a conversation occurring its a quick reply with a post with the relevant info.

Offline binop9

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 03:34:57 AM »
This is starting to sound alot like 'uncle Albert's war stories'
( those that don't know it's 'only fools and horses' tv show )

All together now.. During the war...

Shut up you dipstick..

Lol
Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People in Large Groups...

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »
For Gawds sake don't tell Kiwi to shut up Rodney

She's the only one posting at the moment  :Claugh:

Seriously though if anyone has had the month I have I'm not supprised it is quiet

The horse has been a bit off colour and I am replacing all four discs on my car
Oh and I fell off my motorbike  :Cbiggrin:

Anyway the rain has stopped so back out bocking  :Claugh:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 12:02:57 PM »
Yu tell him Jason lol. If I go the only activity here's will be tumbleweed rolling past.

I agree, its been warm, people are preparing for the junilee. I'll give it a couple of months and see how the trend goes. It might pick up again. If not I'll have to work my magic.

Offline ES-EM

• Western Canadian Bocker!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 07:25:13 PM »
Well I'm a fairly active forum user, but I can't post anything cuz I don't like Necro posting  :Cno: I'd post up some pics of my mods but the pics are on my iPod and I, unfortunatly, don't have a readily available wifi connection so I have to wait till I can show those to you guys.
Don't give up! Keep posting!  :Cyes:

Offline Driniad

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 08:04:34 PM »
I mostly post when I have something to say. (which isnt often e_e)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 11:49:17 PM »
The forum really lacks new videos. I dont know if people think that there is no need to post because it's all been done before but nothing could be more wrong.

I love to see videos of people bocking in their local park, learning to jump up the smallest wall in the world or even just walking down the street on their first day looking like an idiot :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 09:20:22 AM »
Yep Locky

I love to see videos of people bocking in their local park, learning to jump up the smallest wall in the world or even just walking down the street on their first day looking like an idiot

A harsh but true discription of most of my vids  :Claugh:

But seriously you are dead right I love to see those first time vids and watching peoples progress and all the triumphs and fails

So get posting all you bockers you never know yours might be the vid that goes viral and you could be famous  :Cbiggrin:

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
WELL KIWI...this is just for you to give you a reminder what our banned bockers meet are like.
Lt7Og&index=1&feature=plpp_video
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:50:28 PM by clive »

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »
i would post but i havent made a video recently due to the chipped bone in my arm and crappy weather

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 10:12:10 PM »
Oh my gaawwwssshhhhhh!!!

That seems such a long time ago!! Those meets we're sooooo fun! It was a massive triumph to jump on dobin and I wouldn't have done it alone. So thank you. Though I will definitely need the encouragement and practice again as I've got lower weight springs and they are super bouncy.

Can't wait till the next meet.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 08:05:47 PM »
well i sorta pop in and out. but my new work makes it fun
but i am near cambridge now.

and me and carma have been in talks about a meet very soon

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 01:11:17 AM »
I dont know whats going on, maybe some people dont have time to bock anymore. I know the welshies are still going strong infact some of our newbies want to go out every single day but here on the forum things are so quiet I'm having second thoughts about organising Capital Bocking this year :/
It had better be on, after all I have zero time to bock nowadays, but I'm still coming. I'll probably run around with a camera most of the time (like old times!) but heck, I've promised myself I won't miss it this year. :)

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 02:33:52 AM »
There is a lot in what Naz said about facebook, got to admit we use it all the time to organise our bocking. Mainly because we can talk direct to each other we get alerts to say a new message is up etc.
It also goes direct to the bockers who will come to the meet. “We might have a bounce in Chester tonight if it doesn’t rain” isn’t going to inspire any one to travel miles to join us. Though they are always very welcome.
The major plus of the forum is reaching everyone else when there is a big event, Capital Bock for instance. Organise it (set it in stone, date and place and early enough) and we will come. Only the forum can do this.  :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline binop9

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 02:46:21 AM »
If you book it they will come...
Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People in Large Groups...

Offline ES-EM

• Western Canadian Bocker!
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 07:21:13 PM »