Author Topic: first injury  (Read 14839 times)

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
first injury
« on: May 12, 2012, 02:34:56 PM »
So i've been bocking for about three years now and only just had my first fall. Afterwards i couldn't straighten my arm or lift it above a certain height so i went to A&E for 3 hours and its a chipped bone in my left arm/elbow so i'm probably not going to be bocking for a while    :Cfrown:

Offline Raephen

Re: first injury
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 05:35:52 PM »
Sory to hear that, man. I hope it heals up well.
In my (relatively short) bocking experience, I've fallen more than enough in all my fails&bails even trying simple stuff like getting a forward bounce going.
But in all my F&B's  I've come to appreciate my safety gear, esp. the double splinted wristguards :D But then... that was on the Skyrunners I bought last year, so was it down to my ineptitude or the bad quality of those bocks? Probably a combo of both ;) But on my Exo's - so far - I haven't, so let's knock on wood and hope it stays that way.

Cheers and all the best with your arm!
The Bouncing Dutchman

Offline Driniad

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:30:21 PM »
Sorry to hear that.. strangely enough I've fallen on my arm around 10 times now and I haven't broken/chipped it once. I do remember a similar scenario a month or so back but it healed fairly quickly.
Hope you heal up soon.

Offline spring_loaded

• Determined to succeed
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »
urgh didn't have the cuff quick release tight enough.
Lesson learnt: use wrist guards and knee pads and make sure all levers/screws etc are tight enough before using.

Offline PERES

• "Never give up, always try."
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 03:04:15 AM »
My first injury was about 1 year ago, when I bought my pair of powerstrider and I was so anxious to use and learn how to walk, jump and make tricks with it. So after 6 times of using it, I could walk but I couldn't stand up yet, I've tried and got it for 3 times very well, but at my 4° attempt I didn't stand up and I got the worst distention I had in my life, on my groin in my right leg and affect also my low abs. It happened in 13, December 2012, I got back my stilts and I guess about 80% healed in this 2013 on September so long to recover.
And now my 2° injury was about 2 weeks ago, I was trying my first back flip on the grass, I lose my balance and I've fallen on my right hand. PS: I was without my wrist-guard. Luckily, I didn't chip my wrist but I got bad injury  :Cno:
So, now I'm afraid to try stand up and to try my back or front flips again  :Cno:

So bad it.

I hope you guys are well on your straining!

Take care mates!

Alex