Author Topic: Knee bar hurts!  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Usergu1de

Knee bar hurts!
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:47:02 PM »
Hi! Ok so im new to powerbocks, had my first proper go today, quite fun, exhausting!!!!

The back of my knees are proper bruised! There killing me! Am I doing somthing wrong? Maybe the knee bars are a bit high? Should the straps be round the back of my knees??

Offline Raephen

Re: Knee bar hurts!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »
Hi ya,

The knee bar should be about 1 to 1.5 inches below your knee cap, if I'm not mistaken.

But the bruises on the back of your leg? Been there, done that. I found the knee bar of my Skyrunners horrible! And what about the strap almost cutting into your leg, but still have the feeling of your calf/knee moving all over the place!

The knee bar on the Exo is a better ones than on my Skyrunner... much slimmer: less movement.

Calf cuffs, however are much better, and it's brilliant you can get the alu block from the Pro's with your calf cuffs. Makes me wonder why I didn't think of asking them  :Ceek:

Lol! oh well, my Viper V2's arrived today (sweet! I wasn't expecting them till next week!) and I love them!

I'll mod my Skyrunners a bit so it maybe grips the PJ calf cuffs better. A girlfriend of mine had her second go on them today (with Exo knee bars) and she had the same bruising and strap problems.
It was fun watching her crab-walk allong a wall, though (her core / ballance muscles need to get into shape again: she kept either leaning forward or backward when trying to walk straight.)

Was fun, though: I was bounce / jogging on the field next to her ;)

One final note, though: calf cuffs need more tweaking for a good fit, but with the mounting block of the Exo Pro that'll be a piece of cake.

Cheers!

The Bouncing Dutchman,
Ralph

PS - Lol! I'm actually quite miffed I didn't think of asking projump if the mounting blocks of the Exo and Exo pro were interchangeable!!! rofl!
The Bouncing Dutchman

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Knee bar hurts!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »
Different people have different experiences with knee bars. As Raephen says, they should be about an inch below the knee. They definitely should not be right on the knee.
I'd suggest wearing some sort of knee pads with the knee bars as this acts as padding between your knee and the bar. We've found this works really well with motorcross style knee/shin pads.

As for the bruises on the back of the knees these are probably going to be from the metal loops, the plastic buckle or the top of the spring hitting the back of your legs. Again all you can really do is attach some foam to the area or wear some foam knee supports to stop it rubbing.

Or get some calf cuffs :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:53:43 AM by Locky »