Author Topic: Look Ma no wristguards  (Read 31098 times)

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
Re: Look Ma no wristguards
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 12:15:22 AM »
not mentioning any names!!

Just read the first post  :rolleyes:

I just didn't want to single out one person!! lol

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 11:42:25 AM »
Don't ever worry about that Sx I am used to being singled out I now quite enjoy it at least people notice me then  :biggrin:

Not that I've ever been the sort to fade into the background  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 02:02:52 PM »
Don't ever worry about that Sx I am used to being singled out I now quite enjoy it at least people notice me then  :biggrin:

Not that I've ever been the sort to fade into the background  :haha:

At 6 1 and on stilts !? I think the background could fade into you  :biggrin:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 06:21:37 PM »
6ft 3 1/2" actually DK and we all know those extra 2 1/2" are important  :haha:

Or were you talking about my circumference   :biggrin:

Offline tundraH

• I'm just me and you aren't. :-P
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 06:53:49 PM »
I forgot you were sooo short, Jason, I have an inch on your. ;)  Although at your age I suppose you'll be shrinking now.  :P
Fighting for peace is like f*#king for virginity

Sig designed by Sprog

Jason injures himself so I don't have to be injured.

Proud member of the "The Banned Bockers"

"If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
Arrh you just wait young tundraH I used to be 6 ft 4"

As you age the world weighs you down and your waist gets bigger one day you look in the mirror and your wider than you are high  :haha:

Then you take up bocking and life changes  :biggrin:

All kidding aside if you measure yourself first thing in the morning and last thing at night the two figures will be different as you shrink slightly through the day (I wonder if bocking makes you shorter  :biggrin: all that landing must do)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 07:22:22 PM by Jason »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 07:16:55 PM »
Landing or falling jason?  :nana:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 05:42:09 AM »
Jeeze Im late to the party but dang that makes me worry about me fixing to start bocking haha!  I know I will be in protective gear with these on. 

A few months ago I had just had a small fit that my 8 year old brother was not wearing pads and a helmet while skating, skateboarding, biking, or being on his scooter, esp. in the same place where he fell on his scooter and broke his leg is TWO places...

well same yard... second hill... i go down it on my skateboard (i suck at skateboarding btw)... i got to going to fast and was headed for a pile of pipes so i bailed... bad idea haha.  i did like three flips head first NO helmet or any pads!  luckily i bent my neck so i didnt just bust my head open.  i have a few scars from road rash, neck and shoulder still hurt some... but walked away laughing haha!

jeeze can't even imagine what injuries from the Poweriser Advanced 90120 Im trying to get will cause lol... yippes!   :Cconfused: :Ceek: :Cmask:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 08:05:23 AM »
none like skating, it's incredibly safe in comparison  :Claugh:

Offline lynch

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 08:53:59 AM »
ive seen this pic b4 but i didnt know it was your jason bet that hurt

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 09:07:20 AM »
It's ok to just call them bocks you know :D we are not that bothered about brands and weights. Just that you got bocks and are a bocker ;)

Anyhoo...all sports have risks. Skating down hills is probs unsafe compared to bocks. Get some good and comfy wristies and stuff and always wear them. They dont make you invinsible but will help. And don't try to run before you can walk ;)

:spudT:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 12:21:37 PM »
I mentioned that more so if that was a problem someone experienced would say... WAY OUT OF YOUR WEIGHT RANGE, DON'T DO IT!  lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
I didn't understand your weight lol...go google...anyhoo..you would be right. They are far out of your weight range...powerisers are known to be quite stiff too. I would go for 70-90s.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »
Bocking like anything is as dangerous as you want to make it  :Claugh:

No Lynch it was suprisingly un-painfull I have had worst headaches (but I do get good headaches  :Cbiggrin:) must have been the shock

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 05:12:24 AM »
I didn't understand your weight lol...go google...anyhoo..you would be right. They are far out of your weight range...powerisers are known to be quite stiff too. I would go for 70-90s.

Sorry forgot about the metric system lol... about 69.3 kg...Dag man to late... just paid for the 90120's... hopefully I will be able to work with them  :Cconfused:?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:47 AM »
i understand stone lol.. But when its all in pounds it means nothing. At about 70kg you should have gone with 70-90s. Why did you choose 90-120s?

I have been on 90-120s. They are real stiff. Learning maybe a real struggle. But if you really stick at it you might be ok. But with springs so stiff it's gonna take a lot of effort, even if you are good. Would it be possible for you to change them? Poss look into getting softer springs and saving the 90-120s for when you are better. You can try the 90-120s bit i do think it will be very hatd for you.

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 09:57:44 AM »
LOL not used to being on UK forums, we gotta be all different over here in the US and go against the metric system ;)!  I hear what you're sayin' but oddly enough I got an email at around 3:00am this morning that they shipped so it's to late to change it.  I'll try them out, if it's to tough couldn't I maybe have a heavier person in that weight class, like my stepdad, wear them a little bit to break them in a little bit?  Think that would help/matter at all?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
We try to break in each others springs at meets. Tbh...it doesn't help all that much. Would have to be way over the weight class or really good and use them for a while for it to help much. As long as you know it will be hard and you keep working you should be able to do it. It will just take a lot of effort and time. But, it will come together eventually so just keep at it.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
I have got to agree with Spud here the 90/120 are gonna be like walking on lumps of wood
I only know a couple of people who use springs 30kg over their weight and they are extreme like can do multiple flips so unless you are super fit they will hold you back big time and that might put you off

You might be better off asking if you can exchange them if you pay the postage

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 06:05:32 AM »
Nope not fit at all!  Lazy lump of nothingness actually lol... trying to change that with bocking.  Dag sounds like I'm gonna be screwed  :Cmask:?!?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2009, 08:37:47 AM »
i use springs 30kg over my body weight and think its the only way to go in all honesty, although i did learn on some softer springs.
i think learning the very basics like walking around etc is easier on heavy springs as its closer to static stilts, the kids in our group learnt on heavy sprung adult stilts and were walking REAL fast.
compressing them and keeping height on your bounces is gonna be the hard part, and its gonna be a monster workout for ya, but if you can stick with it, youll soon be getting some mad height

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »
i use springs 30kg over my body weight and think its the only way to go in all honesty, although i did learn on some softer springs.
i think learning the very basics like walking around etc is easier on heavy springs as its closer to static stilts, the kids in our group learnt on heavy sprung adult stilts and were walking REAL fast.
compressing them and keeping height on your bounces is gonna be the hard part, and its gonna be a monster workout for ya, but if you can stick with it, youll soon be getting some mad height

Thanks for the info.  I got my bocks Friday and you folks were right they are TIGHT springs lol... I can only FORCE them to jump about 1 inch (2.54cm) lol!  Walking is easy on them for sure, I just wish I was jumping already.  Do you think they will loosen up enough for that soon?  After how many years lol?  kidding :)!  Tried adding pics to the gallery but got nothing but error after error, did put pics on the poweriser pages forum though, they have not been accepted yet though.

I have them on my myspace too www.myspace.com/filmreelgirl and facebook http://www.facebook.com/people/Brandi-Nichole-Blanchard/528405662 - you gotta add me to see pics... no worries though, I don't bite... hard lol (joking) :Cwink:!

first video... pardon the southern accents lol...

Jason sorry to be posting under your ouchie topic  :Cconfused:...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:40:25 PM by RicochetBNB »

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 11:32:47 PM »
needs to be deleted... did something WRONG... ended up with double post
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:34:42 PM by RicochetBNB »

Offline RicochetBNB

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2009, 11:33:14 AM »
Update from my above post... the pics I uploaded are now on here and the poweriser pages forum.  Nothing special yet really but still pics hehe!

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »
hehe i can tell ur new :P u post like i used to :P all over the place :P hehe

nice vid and well done :D

welcome to the sport hope ur springs bend in soon thats when the fun starts :P

JASON my mum loves ur scar lmfao shes a nurse :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)