Author Topic: Another Dutch Bocker :D  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Vrozer

Another Dutch Bocker :D
« on: December 24, 2011, 04:22:23 AM »
Hey everybody,

First of all, its nice to see there is so much activety around (Power)Bocking.
Lets start off by introducting myself: My name is Robin Maes, im from Helmond, The Netherlands.
I used to be a BMX driver, Skater, freerunner, traceur (Parkour'er XD) and a (proffessional) trampoline jumper.
I used to practise these sports alot, but when I finished highscool and went to college (1 year back when I was 17) I quited all of these activities.
Now that my study finally made some spare time for me to sport again (Im 2nd year now), I could continu my extreme sports :D.
I recently found out about this sport (I have NEVER EVER seen anybody do this in my city (my city has 30,000 people)).
I thought this would be a nice add-on to my list of extreme sports which I love to do :P.
So I went to the webshop and bought myself a pair of "Pro-Jump EXO Pro Jumping Stilts (CZ70)".
I think I bought the right stilts (hopefully) becouse I am 1,85m and I weigh 68KG.

I was wondering if there were any other Dutch 'Bocker's' around here who could train with me (In Real Life).
Also, random startoff tips are also very welcome.
Also, is it good to use my trampoline techniques on stilts?

I will (hopefully) become very active. I used to be an active youtube-video-maker with a total of 50k views on ALL of my video's together.
I made a new youtube channel called "Vrozer" as this will become my new nickname ;).
My stelts will arrive at 27th of December (accordingly to FedEx).
Ill keep you up to date and have a nice day!

Greetings,
Soon-To-Be-bocker Robin Maes
a.k.a. 'Vrozer'

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Another Dutch Bocker :D
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »
How did you come up with a nick name like that?

Offline BitLord83

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you got.

My two cents on using trampoline skills on stilts: the stilts are very different when it comes to actually bouncing. I would think that the areal acrobatics would be similar, but I wouldn't start in on that until you are confident and used to the stilts. I'm no expert or anything on trampolines though. Someone else might have a better idea.

Have fun!

Offline Vrozer

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 04:30:47 PM »
How did you come up with a nick name like that?
I was looking for a short, powerfull and easy-to-remember name that hadn't already been used om YouTube. I went brainstorming and wrote down a list with the 3 best options and let my friends vote for the best one :D.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 10:20:55 PM »
Hi Vrozer

There was another Robin on here from Sweden (Robinangered on here) bit far for you but at least on the same bit of land  :Claugh:

Good luck with finding fellow bockers and I'm already looking forward to the vids

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 11:20:19 PM »
Hi Vrozer

Welcome to the forum and the bocking world. As the rest have said looking forward to seeing your vids.

Merry Christmas

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Birt

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 11:54:58 AM »
there are bockers around in the netherlands and belgium but they're not so easy to find. most of them are in circus schools and are not active on any bockers forum. in belgium most of the ones you will find speak french.

Offline Vrozer

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 02:18:49 PM »
there are bockers around in the netherlands and belgium but they're not so easy to find. most of them are in circus schools and are not active on any bockers forum. in belgium most of the ones you will find speak french.
Thx for the info. I live close to Belgium, so if there is some bocking going on in 'Vlaams' Belgium Id love to hear it. Where you live is 1hour and 20 minutes driving away for me. I've got my own car so I can go anywhere I want :D. (I'm only 19, but I love to drive lol).

Greetz,
Vrozer

Offline Birt

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
well i don't bock that much. i have a very busy job away from home. but when i do it's mostly with some friends around Leuven.