Author Topic: Possible to fit Poweriser Calf Cuffs on ProJumps?  (Read 3629 times)

Offline gazzat5

Possible to fit Poweriser Calf Cuffs on ProJumps?
« on: December 17, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »
Would it be possible to fit the Poweriser calf cuffs and fixing blocks onto a new pair of Pro-Jumps?

I have calf cuffs on my old Powerisers that aren't in tooooo bad shape.

I'd love to get the new Exo pros with calf cuff and adjustable blocks, but £219 may be a bit steep after paying rent! :(

Any thoughts?

Cheers :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Possible to fit Poweriser Calf Cuffs on ProJumps?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »
You might be able to fit them to the plain Exo

The bar fitting on the steel exo is the same as the older PJ model with the plastic holders so I think that the alloy bits would fit straight on without alteration as the early powerisers were the same

But no promises as I havn'y seen the second generation powerisers and they might have changed the bracket base
Even then it should only be a few rivets to change it

It would invalidate the warenty on the frames but maybe not the spring one (that would be for PJ to decide

Worth a try though

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 11:39:48 PM »
If you were buying exo pros anyway then you wouldnt be saving any money as they come with the cuffs and I dont believe there is an option to not have the cuffs…if that's what you were thinking.

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:43:43 AM »
I'd love to get the new Exo pros with calf cuff and adjustable blocks, but £219 may be a bit steep after paying rent! :(

I was thinking of getting the non pros and swapping the knee bars and plastic holders with the cuffs/alloy holders. Missing out on the quick adjust would suck but still a £60 saving...

Offline XS

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
The bolt pattern on the cuff block is different on the exo vs poweriser, i've looked at this is not just a bolt on mod.  Its doable. but you'd have to drill new holes in either the cuff blocks or the main frame upright of the exos.  I wanted to do the same thing to my set to get rid of the quick release, but once i saw it required drilling i just left it.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »
I think he was talking about the plain Exo's XS

The Exo Pro's have a completely different set up on the quick release

The steel Exos have the old fasioned M series clamps on them and are a direct swap for all the old PJ/7/powerizer/poweriser/skyrunner bits

I just wasn't sure if they had changed anything on the Second Gen Powerisers

I know they put alloy clamps on but think they kept the hole spacing the same

So to put it simply

If you could fit the Poweriser calf clamps to the earlier PJ/Poweriser/etc they will fit on the Exo's but not the Exo Pro's with quick release

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: