Author Topic: EXO Pro @ 65kg -> CZ70 oder CZ80?  (Read 8246 times)

Offline DaRaiden

EXO Pro @ 65kg -> CZ70 oder CZ80?
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:02 PM »
Hello!

I'm about to buy some EXO Pro stilts. I do like sports much, but nevertheless I am a light-weight with about 65kg at 1,90m ^^. Trying to gain mass the last months I were able to gain 3kg^^. So since I am near to the next springborder, I am unsure whether I should choose CZ70 oder CZ80 springs. Of course I do want to get as high into the air as possible :-P.

Another question: What about the warranty when buying in UK? If I would buy in Germany, they give me 12 months even on the springs. But buying from UK is about 70EUR cheaper (inclusive shipping^^) :-P.

Greets from Germany,

Steven
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:32:47 PM by DaRaiden »

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
Re: EXO Pro @ 65kg -> CZ70 oder CZ80?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
hello steven from germany. everyone on the forum here would probably agree with me and say that if your weight is near the top end of the spring catagory go for the next one up for example if your say 69kg go for 80kg springs
i was in the same situation as you when i started ( i wiegh 60kg so i went on a risk annd bought 70-90's (poweriser) it was the best choice i ever made, I get so much height!

regarding warrenty i think the warrenty on the frames is 1 year and  warrenty for springs is 6months i think you'll have to check with Naz (webmaster)

Greets from Cumbria, uk :)

PS: good luck with your bocking adventures

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline DaRaiden

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »
Hello, thank you :)

But I changed my mind and went for the standard EXOs now. :)  Yep really looking forward to great bocking adventures   :Cyes: :PJ101John:

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
@DaRaiden  which spring did you buy in the end?

I am a similar weight (63.4kg) and fairly experienced on the stilts, so am thinking the 70s are the way to go...

Offline DaRaiden

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
Hehe I went for the 80s - hardcore :D. But have to wait till I can test them since my protectorrs are in my parents house ^^. And in march I'll be in China four weeks, will try to eat as much as I can there haha.^^

They arrived today :). Hope my choice was the right one. I had a few days on stilts in 2008, we will see.   :PJ101John:

Offline DaRaiden

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 09:04:32 PM »
Question: Does it matter how the knee bars are inserted? So is there a left one and right are they just to be inserted the way i like?

Offline jemus1101

• my facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »
it really doesnt matter which way the knee bars go in but i have heard some people only putting them in so the buckle is on the outside of your legs thinking there is less chance of it being knocked and coming undone.
:D james jemus hasbocks hemus :Cerr:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 11:15:22 PM »
I don't think it overly matters but it's probably easier to do them up if the buckles are on the outside of your leg. Sometimes the padding isn't central and favours one side over the other. Just go for what is easiest and most comfortable to you.

:spudT:

Offline DaRaiden

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 12:14:49 AM »
Roger that  :Cbiggrin:

Offline DaRaiden

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »
I have spent now 2 hours on my new stilts.

First point, probably I've gone too far with the CZ80 spring, but I don'z know yet. I think it's too hard for my vertebral column, but have to see how it goes on. In fact I would really like to switch to an CZ70^^.

So, three questions: 1. How can I swap the springs now, since they are not available as spare parts at this time?! - And sending back the hole package isn't my preferred way^^.
                              2. Is the spring sensitive to temperature? - When I tried my stilts the temp outside was about 1°C^^, but today and the next days it's about -5°C, f**king cold - jumping forbidden at those low temperatures?^^
                              3. Do think I can make it with the 80's?^^ - I try to find someone filming me when I try to bounce again so you can provide feedback :)

Greets,

Steven  :PJ101John:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 08:06:43 PM »
Springs do seem hard when you start

A couple of questions

How fit are you (be honest)
Have you ever bocked before
How determind are you

First one to give you an idea
In the old springs I use 114 to 117 and when unfit I can't bottom them  When fit I wish they made 130's
New springs I use 107 and 112 neither of which I cam bottom but I get much more height

Second one
If you are hurting your back there are 2 reasons
1 you are not fit enough Bock  more but gently to build condition
2 you are leaning forward/looking down or bending your knees during the compression bit (when the spring bends) this is technique get to some meets and people will shout at you to get you straight
3 (yes I know I said 2  :Claugh:) you have a bad back go and see a chiropractor  :Cbiggrin:

Third one
It takes a lot of practice and time to build up the right technique and enough muscle to do the high stuff
Most people get to the running/jumping and doing a few tricks then slow down (due to fear a lot of the time  :Cbiggrin:)
Getting lots of height and big tricks takes time and hard work so stick at it and in a few months it will come

The best bit of advice I can give anyone is to go to meets (what ever level you are) you will learn much faster be safer and enjoy it more

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline DaRaiden

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »
Ok thank you for your advice^^. How fit am I ... yet not fit enough hehe. I have muscle ache from yesterday now in the muscles right under my little sixpack :D. 2008 I had already stilts, but not very long since my exgirlfriend didn't want to watch any longer after I fell down 4 or 5 times :D ... I think I have about 10 hours spent in stilts in my life now^^.

Jep going to a meet would be really great. I plan on taking part at the Bouncercamp 2011 (in June) near Berlin^^. In march I am not able to bock (going to Peking/Bejing), so April and May are left for training^^. :)

Since you didn't say anything to temperature sensitivity - just again^^: Will low temperature harm my springs or not?^^

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 08:39:34 PM »
Oops missed that bit mate  :Cbiggrin:

I have bounced in every temprature from our Death Valley like summers in england  :Claugh: to Snow and ice (there is a vid somewhere)

I keep them indoors so they are normally warm but have left them in the car and never had any problems

Some people say to start bouncing lightly for a few mins if it is really cold but most people do that anyway to warm themselves up

Oh and water doesn't seem to hurt them either  :Claugh:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2375

I have lost my fitness over the winter due to illness and lazyness so I feel for you  :Cbiggrin:
Went bocking at lunchtime today and I am now sitting here waiting for the leg cramps to start  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 12:48:03 AM »
I have spent now 2 hours on my new stilts.

First point, probably I've gone too far with the CZ80 spring, but I don'z know yet. I think it's too hard for my vertebral column, but have to see how it goes on. In fact I would really like to switch to an CZ70^^.

So, three questions: 1. How can I swap the springs now, since they are not available as spare parts at this time?! - And sending back the hole package isn't my preferred way^^.
                              2. Is the spring sensitive to temperature? - When I tried my stilts the temp outside was about 1°C^^, but today and the next days it's about -5°C, f**king cold - jumping forbidden at those low temperatures?^^
                              3. Do think I can make it with the 80's?^^ - I try to find someone filming me when I try to bounce again so you can provide feedback :)

Greets,

What happened in the end, DaRaiden?

I'm now 64.7kg and thinking the CZ70 is most likely the way to go...

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 09:22:04 AM »
I'd agree on the 70's but I believe projump now stock springs so you could purchase different weights and swap them as needed (£80 a pair)