Author Topic: Weight Problem!  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Steddy

Weight Problem!
« on: December 02, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »
Hey guys,

right, ive had my stilts for around 6 months now, so they have had plenty of time to loosen up. but this is my problem, yes they have loosened up, but i still think they are too stiff. so under curiousity i had a go on my brothers stilts (they are the wieght range down from mine and he has only been on them a couple of times so they havnt had time to loosen up) and they are SO loose. i bottom out all the time on them.

so thats my problem  :Ctwitcy: what do i do! stay with my stilts or get my brothers pair?

by the way i am 10.3 stone.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Weight Problem!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
The Exo's and the old M series come with weights marked on the bottom of the spring

They go up in 1kg steps so if you have a set of 90's they could be any where from 90kg to 99kg
Now if your brothers are 80's they could be any weight from 80kg to 89 kg

So if yours are 99 and his are 80 there is a 19 kg difference so you can see it would make one set to soft and the others too stiff

Have a look at the numbers on the bottom of the spring and ask PJ to try sort you a set of springs in the middle that will give you a spring somewhere near right for you that you can fit to your stilts

Hope this helps

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Steddy

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply and your help, but i forgot to add that we both have exo's :) bought at the same time too

Offline Steddy

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:33:46 PM »
forget that last comment ^^ mis read what you wrote, thanks for your help! i will look at the numbers  :Csmile:

EDIT:
Sorry for being a pain, i found out i weigh 65-67kg.
the ones i have are a 79kg...
the ones my brother has are a 60kg!!

so what sixe would you recommend? and would pro jump swap them for free and how do i contact them?

sorry for being a pain  :Cconfused:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:54:06 PM by Steddy »

Offline DevilsGreen

• New to Bocking and the forum! <3
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 01:15:19 AM »
Don't think they'd swap them for free is you've used them for 6 months. =p

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »
Hi Steddy

Springs do vary in stiffness even around the same weights but it is a pretty good bet to go for your weight or very slightly higher

So as you have found that 60kg is to soft and 79 are to stiff I would recon that 70-75kg would be somewhere around right for you

You are right about swapping them as they are now used so it is a case of buying a set

The good news is that you may want to keep the 79kg ones because as you get fitter you may want to go back on them

A lot of lads go 10 to 20 kg over their weight when they get to the point of being extreme so they will come in handy later

If you do find you don't need them you can always sell them on here in the adds bit or better take them to a few meets for people to try before they buy

Secondhand springs don't fetch much but you may find someone that has a set that are to soft for them and want to swap

If you are still unsure about the right weight get along to a couple of meets and someone will let you try some closer to your ideal weight 

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 08:52:27 PM »
FWIW Steddy I am 76kg in weight and my springs are 72kg and 76kg (I have 2 pairs - dont ask lol).

I've also been bocking 5 years and probably hammer them more than the average user.
If you do buy new springs I would advise to wait until the new year, projump are always busy during december, you should be able to call up and ask for a low end 70kg spring (up to 75kg) and they will prob have more time to look in january than they do now.

Offline Steddy

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
okay thank you, so when i buy the springs (which would have probably been in the new year anyway  :Csmile:) i can call up and ask for a specific weight? (i was thinking 73-74kg?

and i can bock fairly well on my silts (as in jumping) its just hard to run and jump 2 footed and jump down things because i dont have the power to land with ease it feels like i am landing on hard surface and i loose control because they are too stiff, if you get what i mean.

and i watch my friend he bocks with ease and gets high with ease cause his springs are just right. because mine are stiff, i have to put lots of power just to get to a decent height and is uncomfotable :S

Thanks for your help guys!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »
Yeah you cant really call up and say I'd like a pair of 72.96kg springs please but you can ask and certainly just buying springs its easier for them to find a lower rating in the range than if you were buying complete stilts as they then need to open a few boxes searching which takes time etc. but just call them in the new year and ask :)