Author Topic: Example of the forum working  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Example of the forum working
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:20:52 AM »
Yesterday the Welsh Bockers took a road trip to Tenby in Pembrokeshire to take part in their Arts Festival and parade.

A great example of how this forum (and the PJ manual) works. A guy named Ben bought stilts recently and lives in Tenby. Only by reading the manual and the forum did he hear about the welshbockers and then went on our site and saw we were in his home town. He emailed me last week and came to see us yesterday. 4th day on stilts and he was walking fine, I even brought him out at the end of our display to show people that although we make it look easy, it's still something anyone can pick up with a little practice. This in turn has lead to a lot of interest from the town and we're now looking at having an open day at their leisure centre and starting a little mini club in the town.

So my point is even though a very small percentage of PJ customer come on the forums or read the manual and do some research, when they do it can really work well and it only takes one keen person to start something big.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:27:31 AM by Locky »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Example of the forum working
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
Nice to see it working well Locky

Well done

I love Tenby used to go to there and Pendine with a Beach Buggy Club once a year camping

And guess what It RAINED every year  :Claugh: but we still had fun  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: