Author Topic: Sussex Extreme Sports Team (SEST)  (Read 5224 times)

Offline RedBlueQuinn

• *Looks at stilts* THOSE..ARE..AMAZING!....SHOW ME!
Sussex Extreme Sports Team (SEST)
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
Hi all, Quinn here.
I just wanted to let you know about a new bocking/extreme sport group that has just started in Sussex, UK. It was formed by me and rapidhonda, with help from locky and webmaster. (I forgot your name sorry :P) We formed it because we couldn't find anywhere in Sussex with a club.
 Our main meeting area will be Horsham town centre, (map to come) it has a large flat area with various obstacles to overcome. There is also a parkour group in Horsham, Horsham Movement. We will be doing meets whenever possible and we will try and find gyms in the area that are bocker-friendly, the basic meets will be free, but we may ask for a small donation for the gym meets, as these cost money. thanks for reading and we hope you will be joining us soon!
Sincerely
Quinn and rapidhonda  :PJ101Ian:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Sussex Extreme Sports Team (SEST)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
You might get a visit from us (specialy a Gym meet)

Horsham is do-able for the Hanworth Banned as I think it is only about an hour on a good day

The other idea is to meet somewhere half way now and then or up in London

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline RedBlueQuinn

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »
You might get a visit from us (specialy a Gym meet)

Horsham is do-able for the Hanworth Banned as I think it is only about an hour on a good day

The other idea is to meet somewhere half way now and then or up in London

Hey Jason,
Awesome sounds good, do you know of any bocker friendly gyms in the area? I've found the Horsham gym centre which has everything we'd need, but I'm wondering about them letting us use our bocks or not. Hopefully we can arrange a meet soon, once we've gathered some new members!
Many thanks,
Quinn  :PJ101John:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
 :Claugh: I have never found a friendly gym in my own area mate  :Claugh:

It really is a case of talking to them and asking nicely also giving them a demo can help

If there floor is brand new they probably won't want to know but if it is older and has a bit of damage anyway they seem to be a bit more aproachable

Q and Toddy managed to get us a couple of gyms to use so they seem to have the golden touch

Also Locky may be able to give you some pointers as I believe he has negotiated a couple of gyms in the past with some success

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »
yeah strapping explosives to your chest works best.

Seriously if anyone needs any help approaching a gym then give us a shout (facebook prob best).
Often your first conversation with the gym will decide the fate so it's really important to get things right.

Offline RedBlueQuinn

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 10:58:59 PM »
yeah strapping explosives to your chest works best.

Seriously if anyone needs any help approaching a gym then give us a shout (facebook prob best).
Often your first conversation with the gym will decide the fate so it's really important to get things right.
Ha ha, Ill give it a go! :P
Yeah, I've got in contact with the Horsham Gym, and they've asked me to provide more information before using them, hopefully they'll say yes! (*crosses fingers*)
Anyone up for a meet in Horsham at some point?
Thanks for the help everyone!
Quinn

Offline rapidhonda

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »
hi quinn
good work on the gym front.
you'll have to let me know when so if i haven't got me bocks i can at least still come up for a look around.
could you let me know where it is.
regards
rapidhonda