Author Topic: New Bocker in West Sussex, Looking for Groups  (Read 4968 times)

Offline RedBlueQuinn

• *Looks at stilts* THOSE..ARE..AMAZING!....SHOW ME!
New Bocker in West Sussex, Looking for Groups
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
Hi all, my name is Quinn!
I love minecraft, 8-bit, gaming, comics, manga, drawing, bocking, freerunning/parkour ETC (you get the picture) I'm an all-round-geek and love all things that increase awesome and decrease suck. I'm a 13 year old that lives in Haywards Heath in Sussex, UK. I just got my second pair of PJ's (I used to have some junior ones, but they were rubbish! ) I'm currently trying to learn some new moves and skills, I'm not sure if getting 70kg stilts was the best choice for a 50kg guy  Looking for any bocking groups in or around the West Sussex area, any tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated!
Quinn  :Nero:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: New Bocker in West Sussex, Looking for Groups
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:21:50 PM »
Hi there, welcome to the forum, someone weighing in at 50kg I would recommend that you go for a low pair of 60's, 70's will be far too stiff for you.

Offline RedBlueQuinn

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
Hi there, welcome to the forum, someone weighing in at 50kg I would recommend that you go for a low pair of 60's, 70's will be far too stiff for you.

Thanks for the welcome!
Ah, oops I've already got the 70's now, yhey seem to be wearing in alright though :P Any suggestions on tricks to learn? And do you know of anyone in west sussex that bocks?
Thanks very much,
Quinn

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
I'm also concerned these are gonna be too stiff for you mate.

Could you post up a video of you jumping? Doesn't matter if you're not very good. We were all there once :)

Offline RedBlueQuinn

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »

Could you post up a video of you jumping? Doesn't matter if you're not very good. We were all there once :)
Sure, I'll try and get a video up tomorrow, thanks for your help!
Quinn

Offline killax

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:48:15 AM »
Welcome welcome!  You will enjoy the stilts, and I hope you enjoy the forums. I'm still new to stilts my self and I have no regrets with the cost. I also like 8-bit music and minecraft hah :D

Different units but as an example,  I'm 135 pounds and I bought 133-155 pound springs. I thought they would be way too hard but it's been fine, the more I use them the better. I think its actually easier to learn Lea stiff springs because as they break down your already use to the spring in every step so it doesn't feel weird. Good luck!  Hope you find a pair that fits you!

Offline RedBlueQuinn

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
Welcome welcome!  You will enjoy the stilts, and I hope you enjoy the forums. I'm still new to stilts my self and I have no regrets with the cost. I also like 8-bit music and minecraft hah :D

Different units but as an example,  I'm 135 pounds and I bought 133-155 pound springs. I thought they would be way too hard but it's been fine, the more I use them the better. I think its actually easier to learn Lea stiff springs because as they break down your already use to the spring in every step so it doesn't feel weird. Good luck!  Hope you find a pair that fits you!
Thanks very much!
Quinn

Offline RedBlueQuinn

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 01:12:47 PM »

Quinn
I've just taken a little video and I'll post it in a minute, while I was at the park earlier my friend pulled the swing we me on it ( I had my stilts on) and I heard a sound like metal hitting something, I'm hoping that it was the swing chain hitting my knee bar but I'll always be cautious :P~Quinn

Offline RedBlueQuinn

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »

Quinn
[/quote]
I've just taken a little video and I'll post it in a minute, while I was at the park earlier my friend pulled the swing we me on it ( I had my stilts on) and I heard a sound like metal hitting something, I'm hoping that it was the swing chain hitting my knee bar but I'll always be cautious :P~Quinn
[/quote]
The video won't upload onto here for some reason but you can view it on my youtube page, it's redbluequinn, the video is called first try on pro-jump cz-70's :)~Quinn
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:49:23 PM by RedBlueQuinn »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »

All you need to do is paste the full url to the youtube video on here and the forum software will automatically display it.

I take back what I said, they seem to be alright for you. I love people who actually talk to the camera as well :)

Also for a newbie you seem to be picking it up rather quickly and your jumping looks good.

Offline RedBlueQuinn

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 06:56:36 PM »

All you need to do is paste the full url to the youtube video on here and the forum software will automatically display it.

I take back what I said, they seem to be alright for you. I love people who actually talk to the camera as well :)

Also for a newbie you seem to be picking it up rather quickly and your jumping looks good.
Ahh, okay thanks! :) Okay thats a relief, I was thinking I'd have to buy new springs! :P Lol, I'm not a complete newbie, I used to have a pair of poweriser juniors but I could never get any spring from them so I sold them to my friend :P Thanks for the confirmation on my jumping! I'll keep it progressing, also, today I managed to land my first flip on a trampoline! Next come the stilt flips! *I joke* :P

Hopefully Sussex Bocking is going to get started soon so I'll be sure to keep in contact with you and the others.
Thanks very much!
Quinn
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:58:50 PM by RedBlueQuinn »