Author Topic: What are the chances of bocking again?  (Read 3546 times)

Offline wolf

What are the chances of bocking again?
« on: September 06, 2011, 01:02:01 PM »
Hey everyone,

Dont worry if you dont remeber me I tend to vanish from these boards without much notice ;)

Anyway the reason this time is about 6 months ago I was hit by a car when cycling home, not fun let me tell you

Long story short I ended up with three torn ligaments and cartilage damage in my left knee. I have had surgery to repair one of these and am currently having weekly physio in the hopes of avoiding more surgery

Now obviously I am not going to be bocking any time soon however what I really want to know is if I will ever be able to use my bocks again because I have only managed to use them like 10 times since I bought them the springs aren't even broken in yet lol!

What do you guys think should I just call it quits and sell them? or is there a reasonable chance I will be able to use them in the future?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: What are the chances of bocking again?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »
I'm gonna say yes :)

Just out of curiosity, did you get a claim against the driver? I cycle on the roads a fair bit and the attitude drivers take towards cyclists is rather bad and getting hit is a genuine fear.

Offline wolf

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:43:07 PM »
Thanks locky

And yeah I have taken a claim out, going nowhere at the moment though as they have not admitted liability yet at this rate the claim will only be sorted around the same time as I can use my stilts again lol

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »
I'm with locky.
Although the way your luck runs I won't be putting any money on it. :Claugh:
Hope you get better soon mate :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 07:13:10 PM »
I know so many people that have bad Knees, ankles and legs that still bock so I would say yes you still can bock

The only proviso is how extreme you can get and that depends on when it starts hurting

As for bikes and cars I have been cyclist, motorist and motorcyclist for many years and used to cycle 15 mile each way commute in London traffic (now do it on a motorbike)

While I agree that a lot of car drivers have a total disregard for cyclist safety I also have to say that some cyclists seem to have a total disregard for there own safety
On my journey into work I see at least 20 cyclists a day deliberately jump red lights or throw themselves almost under cars expecting the drivers to stop to avoid them

To be fair I see the same number of motorists cut cyclists up due to either inattention or shere Bl**dy mindedness so I would say the score is about even

And before someone points out the obvious Yes I am one of the nut job Motobikers that gives them all a bad name  :Claugh:

Anyway hope the leg heals well mate and hope to see you at a meet one day soon

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline wolf

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 07:22:44 PM »
It's good to know that I might still have a chance to use my bocks again :D

Lol sadly thats all to true SNuD my luck is completly rubbish  :Ctwitcy:

Fingers crossed you finally get to see me at a meet some day I look forward to meeting you all :)

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »
One of our groups better bockers starts Preston Uni, Uclan, this week so when your feeling up to it you should give me a yell and I'll pass on you contact details and you can get out for a gentle bock.

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline wolf

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 03:10:26 PM »
That sounds great SNuD thanks alot my new wrist guards came today so I am going to ask my physio when they think I will be ready and I will give you a shout :D