Author Topic: Hi from Michigan  (Read 3318 times)

Offline killax

Hi from Michigan
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:56:13 AM »
Might as well before i forget to introduce myself.  My name is Justin, age 19, from west michigan.  Been wanting jumping stilts for over a year, finally got them, just starting to get use to them as i can walk all over as much as i please, standing still (near to) in open space, and i can bounce on one leg in open space but only a weak 5 inches.

I'm 6' tall, 135 pounds (Yes i know, skinny).  Not very active person at all, but i always had a good sense of balance and fast hand-eye ordination.  I bought the lowest weight range of air trekkers extreme, which is 133-155.  So for a 135 pound guy, im going to have to work hard to hit these springs.  Just walking and taking hard steps due to hills, by guess only flexes at most 1-2 inches.  I practiced on grass, slanted hill, so 2 feet was impossible to me, but one foot was easy.  Makes since, 1 spring gets the full 135 pounds.  two feet, they get 67.5 pounds each.  New springs, cant do it.

Like I said, I'm not physically fit, i just have high metabolism.  I dont walk daily, but i do bike ride at least 3 times a week...which makes my legs strong, after a 2 hour first-time on stilts, my legs arnt sore from the walking.  But i stopped after two hours due to getting tired, (maybe 30% due to needing to use the rest room)

Else, I'm a high voltage nut.  Videos do more than words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnIW3tzXcNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93peEltfLdA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmmbtOIH5DQ&t=120
Skip to 2:00 on the last one

Offline billymaya

Re: Hi from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »
hi justin welcome to the club :) dont worry about getting tired and aching we all suffer from that lol even after 12 months i can hardly move when i get off them for about a day lol perhaps its me age but im only 32.

those videos are wicked lol and a little bit scarey love the last video though in slow mo thats some crazy stuff the way it snakes into the air!! :)

keep us updated on how you get along on your stilts :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »
Welcome to the madhouse  :Claugh:

It looks like your gonna fit right in here mate

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline HEFFAE

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »
Hey Justin, what town do you live and how did you find out about jumping stilts?
We live in Jenison

Offline DevilsGreen

• New to Bocking and the forum! <3
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 06:29:44 PM »
WELCOME! <3

:Becky:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
Hi HEFFAE

Might be better off sending killax a PM on here as he dosn't get on here much but that will go to his e-mail box so he knows you are after him

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: