Author Topic: Bottoming out... on one stilt  (Read 4398 times)

Offline squally

Bottoming out... on one stilt
« on: July 17, 2011, 11:37:41 PM »
Hey guys

I have been bocking for a while now teaching basic things at festivals with my circus groups equipment. I've now bought a second hand pair for myself but find myself bottoming out when I put a lot of effort in and Hop before I jump (as in Run, leap onto one stilt then jump on the two) is this standard because i'm just on the one spring, or should I try and find another pair with higher weight and sell these on.

Also Is there any marking on the bocks which will tell me what weighting the spring is designed for?

Any comments would be appreciated

Cheers  :Becky:

Jamie

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: Bottoming out... on one stilt
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:27 AM »
hello :)
I've not posted for a while but when i had my bocks if i hoped or put my weight on one stilt it would practically bottom out, the weight class should of been told to you when you bought it or if it came with maybe a book or something i don't know if they do have the weight on them anywhere but if your bottoming it out with great ease id say buy new springs :)

Aidan :Cwink:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 07:13:04 PM »
It really depends how easy it is to bottom it out

If you can't bottom them out together I would say they are right for you as I can bottom one spring out if I try hard  but them I can bottom both of them out if I try hard  :Claugh:

As they are second hand I would use em till they bust or you find you are bottoming constantly them buy new springs

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Samarka

• In my livingroom!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »
Yeah, wait till you wreck them or buy new springs when you bottom out constantly on two feet :)

~ Samarka  :Nero:

Got bocks, backfleep or broken face sometime in the future.....