Author Topic: Hello from Scotland  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Dinkyfish

Hello from Scotland
« on: July 01, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm Dinkyfish, I'm from Scotland and I have had a pair of original powerisers for a few years now. I've not been on them for a year or two now and I'm looking to get back into them (see my topic in the general forums entitled Maintenance for the reasons why).

Although I've been out on them quite a bit I'm far from a professional because a) I'm scared of breaking myself and b) I'm a bit on the light side for my model. The latter is really frustrating because I was right on the borderline in terms of weight so I decided it was better to go for the heavier weight model (otherwise I'd have had to get the kids ones lol) but this means that they don't bend as much as they should so I have to put in much more effort than most people. I'm also only 5' 3" (and a half!) so because my legs are small I find that the knee bars are really wide and I have to walk a bit like I've wet myself :Claugh: Which can get a bit uncomfortable to say the least!

Anyway, outside of powerisers I'm a big animal person, and currently have a dog and two ferrets. In the past I've had rats, mice, a gerbil, etc etc. Almost all of which have been rescues in some form or another. I'm a pretty easy going person so I look forward to meeting you all (virtually at least) and having a good chat about bocking and whatnot :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Hello from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:39:23 PM »
Hi Dinkyfish

Welcome to the forum

Don't worry to much about the higher weight as the more you use them the easier you will find it to flex them

A few people have to drop down a size if they have been off them for a while to get fit again and I have trouble bottoming mine if I havn't been on them for a while

As for breaking yourself I understand totaly as if I can't work I can't pay the mortgage and the wife will kill me to get the insurance to pay it  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Dinkyfish

Re: Hello from Scotland
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »
A few people have to drop down a size if they have been off them for a while to get fit again and I have trouble bottoming mine if I havn't been on them for a while

Thanks! I like that sentence because it implies that I have been a fit an active person at some point in my past lol I am one of those people that everyone hates who is skinny but also horrendously unfit :Claugh: