Author Topic: What do u need in a bag? A-Level Project  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
What do u need in a bag? A-Level Project
« on: June 20, 2011, 11:51:25 AM »
Hi all

Ok. So i have taken DT for A-Level and am looking into designing and building a bag that can be used to carry stilts, spare gear, parts etc... I just want to know what does everyone find they have problems with when using a bag for lugging their kit around.

I also want to know any Ideas people may have for small pieces of kit that could be made to help newer, younger and less experienced bockers. Any ideas could be made into part of the project.

So if anyone with ideas about what the could use with a bag. E.g. how it carries the stilts and is it easy to pick up. Just leave ideas in the thread. I just want to know what people think a stilting bag needs.

Cheers Everyone

Hammy

Offline Mibsportler

Re: What do u need in a bag? A-Level Project
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 12:55:06 PM »
heya - that is an awesome idea as to transport them is quite a thing all the time

I wud LOVE to see something like a backpack if there is any chance of designing that as it is really tiresome if u want to bring a spare pair - so u cud get maybe like one on ur feet, one secure to either side of the backpack and still be able to bounce quite freely without dragging ur arms down - on a pocket u ud also do loads of side pockets for gadget and all the stuff needed

i always wear a backpack anyway and i am making sure it has two clips in front (one at the belly and one at breast level) to ensure it is not too disturbing.
A further add on would be one of those drinking thingies which u can nip at any point without getting in the way - they r awesome and they were actually produced for cyclists.

hope that is of any help - it is just a dream of mine to have at some point in the future.

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:24:04 PM »
i actually did exactly this for my AS product design, so hit me up if you need a hand

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »
Hi again

Cheers hilly for the help offer I will send you a PM if I hit a problem I cant fix.

And cheers to Mibsportler for the ideas. It is looking like I am going to design some sort of backpack. The Idea of the drink thing will be one that I hope to put into the product. Cheers for the idea!

Thanks again and please keep posting if anyone has any more ideas.

Offline XS

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 02:14:40 PM »
I've had lots of ideas on this subject.  There are really 2 kinds of bags that you could use for bocks, one is a day bag, for meets with your bocks, pads/gear, and maybe some water/snacks for the day.  The other is a travel bag for if you're going on a long trip or plane journey with your bocks.  I've got the bag that Poweriser sells and its huge and has wheels and is a good first attempt at a travel bag, but its way overkill for a meet.  I've also got a sports duffel bag that just barely fits a pair of bocks so its good for keeping in the trunk of my car as it doesn't take up any more space than necessary, but you can't fit anything else in it other than bocks and pads.

Day bag would probably be something small, maybe with a hydration bladder integrated.  Bocks could just strap to the outside securely with straps rather than be contained in a bag.

Travel bag should be big, my current one can hold bocks, and enough clothes and other stuff for a week's vacation.  It should have wheels, bocks are heavy and pulling them through and airport/subway/etc is tiring. A cool feature might be something like the wheeled tripod they have on golf bags, so the bag holds itself up to your hand height and you just have to pull it along.  Lastly, my current bock bag is very bulky and has a really short handle, so even though its got wheels and i'm just pulling it along it always hits my leg as i walk cause its big and closer to me than necessary, so a long extending handle like rolling suitcases have would be cool.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 08:44:02 PM »
Hi Hammy

I made a bag when I first started but find I very rarely use it (lazy I guess  :Cbiggrin: )

I also made a lightweigt thing that I called a Bocksack
It was small enough when rolled up to fit in your pocket (comfortably ) and carried all your pads straps tools etc
It also tied the bocks together into a sort of rucksack that was easy to carry on the tube

But all in all I tend to just carry them and stick light tools in my pocket of bum bag

Anyway pic of the bag below sadly no pics of the Bocksack

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
you remember those bags which you velcro strap your skate board too ? a bock equivalent of that would be amazing obviously it would need more support and positioned right so it doesnt hurt your back too much
 as a stilt bag i currently use an Ex Milatry bag i got for like £15 in a surplus sotre, just about fits the stilts although i had to cut the end pocket out sot eh feet do stick out the top sometimes , get some funny looks  on the train where people see to feet sticking out of a bag haha :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us