Author Topic: M80 Pro Jump for someone weighing 60KG?-Semi Urgent  (Read 4069 times)

Offline tynedragon

M80 Pro Jump for someone weighing 60KG?-Semi Urgent
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:38:30 PM »
Hi,
This is my first post and after trying a pair of the pro jump juniors I'm totally hooked and looking for something more fitting for my size and age.

For some background if it helps. I'm a 21 year old male with a very slim build. I weigh around 60kg and looking to bulk up a bit more due to looking much like a twig currently. I currently reside and live just outside of Leeds, Yorkshire. But my birthplace and home will always be Newcastle Upon Tyne.

I'm considering bidding on a pair of pro-jumps on eBay, they're M80's, and I was really just wondering whether they'd be suitable for someone of my weight or too tightly sprung?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: M80 Pro Jump for someone weighing 60KG?-Semi Urgent
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
Hi,
If you can afford to I'd think that buying new is a better value option. You then have a good warranty and a set in good condition. Used stilts can be fairly well used when you get them so springs and hoofs may need replacing fairly early in your ownership. M80 on the old type would be fine, but progress may be slow to begin with but good in the end. If you are looking at exos then stick to your real weight range. I think buying new is a better investment.

:spudT:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:15:36 PM »
Agree with Spud

You would be much better going for the new Exo's for a few reasons

They come with a warranty (2nd hand ones won't and can be worn out)
They are better
You can get a size closer to your weight (High 60's or low 70's as a max)

Don't get me wrong M80's should be ok for you unless they are at the top of the 80 range (It runs from 80kg up to 89kg) if they are the top range you will be bouncing 30 kg over your weight which at 60kg is gonna be too much to start out with and would probably hold you back unless you are super fit and into gymnastics or trampolining

Your best option is to get along to a meet and try a few sizes and types
If you stick a rough area where you live a group will probably be near you and willing to stick you on a few pairs around your weight or at least a set of M80's so you can see if they are to stiff

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline tynedragon

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 09:19:35 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I'm from Leeds, Morley to be more exact. I spend most weekends down here, but I occasionally go up to Newcastle too.

Offline Bounce

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 01:39:15 PM »
i got some m80s if you wanting im selling mine as i dont have the time with a levels and playing football 5 times a week, if your interested let me know, great condition with spring armour and tyre socks

Offline Bram

• the Order of the Bloodclaw
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
hi

I have the 80's exo's and weigh 66 kg, I bock occasionally and have no problems getting started, It took me 15 minutes to walk around a bit om my own and 4 times to do a bit of running, currently trying to practise jumping on the spot a bit.

I chose the 80's because I'm 18 years old and will probably grow in weight and therefore decideded I need a higher range model. I chose the 80's model because I do LARP as well, and want to use the stilts there as well, so I would like to wear some armor on my stilts.

that's why I went 2 classes above my weight