Author Topic: D-rings pressing into leg and another problem.  (Read 2616 times)

Offline stevecook

D-rings pressing into leg and another problem.
« on: May 27, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »
Hi; I'm new to the forums and to using Pro-jump boots in general. I got them about four days ago, was wandering around in ten minutes and generally enjoying myself. I've tried to jog a couple of times, and I've come across a couple of problems.

I initially had the knee collar up just underneath my kneecap, as the manual suggested, but I found that after about half an hour of using them the d-rings had pressed in uncomfortably at the side of my knee, and have bruised it. When I use them, my leg presses in to that side of the collar and it's incredibly uncomfortable now. It means I can't use them without a fair amount of pain, because it's injured to start with.

So I moved the collar down so it was a couple of inches lower, and now it presses into the top of my shin. I can wear shinpads, that's not a problem. Now I'm noticing that the boot I'm wearing on my right foot (which I can only assume is the right boot, not sure how to tell the difference) waggles all over the place when I try and jog. I'm not really sure how to explain it, and I'm not sure if I'm unconsciously trying to keep the weight off the bruised bits or whether I'm doing something wrong.

Bit of a ramble, but thanks for reading.

-Steve

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: D-rings pressing into leg and another problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »
Hi Steve

Yes if you get the position wrong on them it does hurt/rub

I could never get on with kneebars so went to cuffs but a lot of people love kneebars and use them all the time so it is a personal thing

As for the wobbling bit make sure all the bolts on them are tight as sometimes they come loose in the first few goes

If they still wobble try and get a vid up so we can have a look

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: