Author Topic: Been Bocking About 3 Weeks And A Half, Springs Have Broke Already.  (Read 4085 times)

Offline FruitoManic

So basically i have been, as stated in the title, I have been bocking about three weeks and a half. They have already broke.............

I was just about to go out on them today, putting my right bock on first, then I noticed a strange crunching sound. I removed the bock and had a look for were it was coming from. It appears my spring is split around the part were it meets the bar that connects to the footplate. So I contacted pro jumps right away, he tells me to send the pictures via email. So i do, although much of the breakage under the rubber covering and therefore cannot be seen.

What i came here to ask was what weight category do i pick since i hear alot about getting the next size up. I weigh around 62kg and went for the obvious CZ60 (of the Exo Pros) since it says it takes 55kg to 67kg. But is this wrong should i go for the CZ70s. This is all on the fact i get replacement springs, i hope. Fingers crossed. Its seems got a bad pair since, myself being new, even i can gather that thats too small a length of time.

Thanks in advance, Tom

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Been Bocking About 3 Weeks And A Half, Springs Have Broke Already.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:00:37 PM »
Stick with the 60's I say.

Before they broke, how were you getting on with them?

Offline FruitoManic

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 07:43:15 AM »
  I was doing good, within a hour i could jump,jog and hop. From then i on i spent time in achieving higher jumps, maybe lift my feeet beside me etc. Or trying get more speed when running.

So all in all I was using fine, the 60's seemed perfect, its just after reading everwhere you get a size up..........

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »
Since you're new, and they were working perfect with you. Then I'd stay with the 60s. Get the 70s when you have to replace the 60s several months down the road.

Leader of the

Offline FruitoManic

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
Thank you for all your help i shall stick with the sixitys but i now have a new question. The pro jump team asked me for the number on my springs, it was 64. So they said they would send me a 63 so that they should be the same instead of a hard brand new 64. So i have just recieved it and it feels so stiff, compared to my 64, shall i just hop for ages, will just need to be breacking in?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »
Figgure out which is you dominante leg (the one you use to start a bounce and the one that you feel is stronger) Probably the one you broke is it

Use the new spring on that leg and you will soon get used to it

I tend to swap my springs every 50hrs or so to even the wear out

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline FruitoManic

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »
The spring that broke was my right leg and that is my strongest as i am right footed, although to go into a two footed jump i hop off my left then to a two footed.
Anyway since i recieved a a new 63 i realised i need to break it in, as it is very stiff. Unstable to run rpoperly, since its like having a spring for the left and a metal pole for the right but i spose that shall be soughted with a bit of intense hopping. The only thing i have left to ask is since my new spring is a 63, once broken in will my overall jumping a bility be slightly less, get les hieght. I know its only a bit lower, i just seem to keep stuff like this on my mind that it will effect my ability to jump as high.

Thanks for all the quick replies, you've been a big help.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
I found that I could get more height on 114's than on 120's due to the springs being easier to bend so I felt more confident

So don't worry mate by the time you are getting lots of height you will probably want new springs or a spare set of bocks anyway

You will learn quicker on slightly softer springs as well

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: