Author Topic: Stocking up on spare parts.  (Read 8039 times)

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
Stocking up on spare parts.
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »

as most of us know the old style slits have become discontinued. my next form of action is to stock up on springs and hoofs. i should now have a set of 70's 80's and 90's springs.... even tho im mid 60 kilos.... hmm maybe i should get another set of 70's..... cheaper in the long run i suppose.

anywho does anyone know if the new bolt of hoofs from exo's fit bocks mark January 2009 (i think V6)

also what else should i need as spares ??

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Stocking up on spare parts.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:04:59 PM »
Hi Kiwi

Simple answer is that the new style hoof only fit the new style bocks as they are completely different to the old style

Rather than stock up why not save up for some Exo's

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »
...... i dont know im going to offend anyone by saying this but

... i personally prefer the older ones. ive had a go on the exo's and the one thing that's constantly on my mind is MUST NOT  DAMAGE SPRINGS!!  when on the ground esp on concrete and ur legs in front of you  the metal that was on the older ones protected it from damage. the next thing is that something doesn't feel right about drilling holes through the spring, that joint is taking the force the jump AND ur weight, the onder ones only took ur weight and the hinge took the force... if that makes any sense at all. .... =/

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 09:46:02 PM »
exos are great, much better spring response and lighter. + your logic makes no sense.

Basic newtons law.. If you didn't weight anything you wouldn't spring back, the spring absorb the force from our downward momentum and weight.. therefore the force on the spring is the same on both springs.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:55:51 PM by JCDenton »

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »
but the old ones dont have holes in them!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:11:30 AM »
I understand how you feel Kiwi and I felt the same when they were first released

I was lucky enough to test an early pair and it changed my mind

First the area where the holes are drilled is beefed up so much I don't think they will ever be a problem

Springs have been broken on the new Exo's but never on the spring holes (always above as far as I am aware)

The way the springs react is far better than the old type but you need to be on the right weight so if the ones you tested were any heavier than 70's/80's they would feel awful at your weight

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »
You're not offending anyone Kiwi but I stand next to Jason here (a bit shorter mind).

When we had the exo's I thought OMG whats with this bent support area and drilling through the spring - what muppet came up with that. However I was willing to let them prove me wrong...and they have done just that.
Bang for buck, these are the best jumping stilts out there. Sure they are still made in china with the cheapest parts they can make but that's because they cost £149 and not £300 or even £799.

You need to get a pair. M series is the past. Exo is the future and it's here now.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »
The spring response off the Exos is brilliant i would take these over a pair of skips any day of the week! :)

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 05:25:30 PM »
The spring response off the Exos is brilliant i would take these over a pair of skips any day of the week! :)

are you serious??? than THE Skipps????

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
Yep he is serious Kiwi and I agree with him

The Exo spring in my opinion is the best and most responsive spring on the market

I have been on the springs I tested today they are a year + old and have had good use and the only way I can describe them is it feels like someone took the shock absorbers off a car they are just soooo Bouncy  :Claugh: I have trouble stopping going up  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »

what on earth will i do with my old set then.. my parents already think i burn money for fun.

i can imagine the spring guards i have on my current ones looking awesome on the exo's as its got more of the spring to guard.... well ill need to make a new pair but still...

i would like to try my weight ones before i buy, the ones i tried were 110's!

jason, do you or clive have a pair of 70's that i can try?   

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 07:01:38 PM »
Sadly no Kiwi

Both of my sets are 109's and have both been converted to walking foot

We have a new guy with a set but his are 110's so no good there

My suggestion to you would be to use your ones until they start failing and in the mean time someone local will get some and you can ask to try

Or start going to lots of meets to find a pair to try

By the way I think we are having a home meet next sunday so you can get some practice in

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »

This new guy doesn't happen to be named jason too does he?

a sunday meet sounds great, is it at your school? i may turn up depending on how much work i need to get done, curse you uni!! *shakes fist at the heavens* :Cmad:

the only problem with mine is that they are still one size too high for me and because of it landings feel extremely off, not to mention i still havent worn them in.

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 07:36:30 PM »
heya - i v got 80's - plus I want to meet Jason at some point anyway - so if there is a meet next week??? let me know and I bring mine  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
heya - i v got 80's - plus I want to meet Jason at some point anyway - so if there is a meet next week??? let me know and I bring mine  :Cbiggrin:

ill take u up on that :Claugh:

i wont be able to say how much work there will be now but hopefully... i want to get back into bocking.. i think over a year is appalling not to bock! 

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 08:23:35 PM »
no prob - and i v had a gap year (over 12 months) and then I got straight on the exo's and the spring response is SUPERB  :Cyes: but having some minor probs with the frame which naz is sorting out atm  :Cnotworthy:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »
oh really? what happened??

All Hail Naz !!!  :Cnotworthy:

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 08:37:34 PM »
Second that "All Hail NaZ"

Well - i was able to bend my bars which I shud not be able to and they frame is really wobbly - was partly fixed with glueing in bushings and also some extra washers lol - i just bounce too hard  :Ctwitcy:

but the spring is amazing!!! i get height easily - i mean i am not doing loads of fancy tricks - one month on them now and 3 months on the old ones before the gap year but i can easily manage to do easy stuff like ocr, double spring grap, 360,...

but i am also bottoming them out already - so I don't know ur weight but go at least 15-20kg higher - am 66 on the 80's and it is easy for me to bottom them

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 08:47:25 PM »
maybe the bolts are just loose?? plates shouldn't move about like that?

I've had about the same time experience as you have. however i'm not fit at all and nor do i have a sporty background. i still haven't got to the stage where i can trust myself on them while jumping, i just feel the need to look down which sends me off in another direction.

i mean like we said before ill have a go on urs if u don't mind and i will be able to determine what weight class ill need.

one thing is still bugging me though about the exo's.. when ur on the ground with ur legs in front of you, with the weight on the springs, aren't you worried they will get damaged??

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »
bolts r tight as f... - so tight that I even rounded some :S

well - am not sure if i ALWAYS trust my jumping but it is fine most of the time  :Claugh:
and i normally also look down to be sure i do not step on sth which will make me slip  :Cnah:

yeah - u just give it a go on mine - i only had them for 5 weeks and i already need new ones - stiffer springs lol

well - when sitting down on the ground (sth i actually never do cos getting back up is just not as comfy as sitting on sth like a post) i watch that there is not too much weight on them - furthermore I protect the springs with a good layer of inner tubes and tape - so far it has done a pretty good job!!!

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »
(sth i actually never do cos getting back up is just not as comfy as sitting on sth like a post)

FALLING IS INEVITABLE!!

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »
true - but i try to keep it to a minimum  :Claugh:
i v a kind of philosophy - if u do sth, do it 100% - which means when I fall - I fall normally epically  :Ctwitcy: and then getting up is not that important for a couple of minutes or so  :Cwink:

i thought u meant when u sit down lol  :Cwideeyed:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »
No he's called David

He has only been bocking a month but can do some awesome split kicks already

Clive was looking at doing a home meet next sunday but he will post it if it is happening

Hopefully if it is on I'll see you both there

Offline Mibsportler

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »
please let me know a couple of days ahead so that I can plan my trip down  :Cnotworthy:

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 10:47:32 PM »
I also had the pleasure of testing the exo's, and shortly after testing them I bught my own, I loved them that much. I'm around 80KG and can get 5-6 ft of height effortlessly with my 98KG springs, on the M6's i had (!?!?!) 119 KG springs hahaha. EXO FOR PRESIDENT

Bock 'n' Roll!!