Author Topic: Faulty calf cuffs.  (Read 5941 times)

Offline HarryCross

Faulty calf cuffs.
« on: April 27, 2011, 07:10:28 PM »
Ok so i ordered 2 sets of calf cuffs for mine and my brothers stilts, ordered them at the exact same time and only 1 set has turned up so far....  and to make things worse the set that has turned up has 2 buckles on each leg instead of 1 buckle 1 strap  :Cmad:  Has any1 else had this happen and what am i supposed to do, just ask for a replacement and send them back?

Offline JCDenton

Re: Faulty calf cuffs.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »
wow thats wierd, wait for the next set and see what you get.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
Heres an idea  :Cbiggrin:

Call Pro-jump and ask them what went wrong they can then send you the remaining bits

If you hurry and call them first thing tomorrow you might get them just after the holidays or even on saturday if the courier can do it

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Talking Head

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »
Hi, i'v got the same problem with a set of EXO pro's i purchased last week, i'v put the bars on to start with and went to put the calf cuffs away safe and noticed the one set is the same as yours, has buckels both sides and no strap, i'v sent an email but not had a response as yet, so i'll phone on Tuesday and see what they say. :Cnah:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »
Hi guys

Please could you send an email to admin@projump.co.uk with pics so I can get this sorted, together with your order numbers.

The exo pros come pre packaged but if you ordered the calf cuffs separately there seems to be an error on our part so please accept my apologies.

Kindest Regards

Offline Talking Head

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
Thanks webmaster, email and pic's sent, mistakenly delited the invoice, but have sent the paypal info, hope this is ok.
Thanks again
Greg :Csmile:

Offline Talking Head

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »
 :Cno: I don't belive my luck, went to put my EXO pros on for the first time and noticed there is a rivet missing out of the leg strap,, i'm gutted, sent a pic and an email to admin @projump and i hope they can sort it quickly for me. :Cnah:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 10:07:58 PM »
Naz (webmaster) I have several pairs of unused knee bars here so if its easier for you I can give a pair to Talking Head. He's only 15 mins away from me.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 07:41:33 PM »
thanks Matt but arranged a swap it for the customer today before I saw ur message ;)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 09:11:07 PM »
no worries :)

Offline Talking Head

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
 :Csmile: Thanks Naz for sorting so quick, and Locky for the offer
Thanks again :Cnotworthy:

Offline Talking Head

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
 :Cnotworthy: Both cuffs arrived today, super service Naz, better than 90% of my own suppliers, great service.
MANY THANKS AGAIN
Greg 

Offline LeoRus

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 09:38:06 PM »
Hello, I've just decided to try jumping stilts out so bought myself a pair of slightly used ones with a kneebar, unfortunatly my legs are a bit too thin and no matter how i adjust the kneebar velcro/height i don't seem to get a proper fitting, would you recommend for me to switch to calf cuffs and what are the quarantees that they will fit? :) i can walk just fine as they are, but running or jumping is a real problem for me at the moment. and yes i've looked through forum but it's mostly about using webbing or adjusting the height of kneebars.

ps: i decided to post it in this topic instead of making a new one, because i didn't want to spam your forum much.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:35 PM »
LeoRus, do you wear any sort of knee pads?

If not, get some. They make knee bars far more comfortable. Motocross, knee/shin guards are the preferred type.

Offline LeoRus

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »
LeoRus, do you wear any sort of knee pads?

If not, get some. They make knee bars far more comfortable. Motocross, knee/shin guards are the preferred type.

i've tried with some roller blade ones, wondering if the width of kneepads will be enough to keep me balanced. Kneepads seem to stop my leg from weebling much forward and back, but it's still easy to slide to the side of a kneebar. I've already been trying to develop a temporary solution with ducktape and some stuff similar to insulation foam. Ty for answer, didn't excpect one at this time :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
I felt the same as you when I first started out. Knee/shin pads helped as did webbing/straps but cuffs were the best solution for me. I felt much more confident on them after that. They don't work for everybody but they might be worth looking at.

What stilts do you have? The cuffs won't stay secure in the brackets if you have powerisers, 7's or some pretty old projumps.

Offline LeoRus

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »
I felt the same as you when I first started out. Knee/shin pads helped as did webbing/straps but cuffs were the best solution for me. I felt much more confident on them after that. They don't work for everybody but they might be worth looking at.

What stilts do you have? The cuffs won't stay secure in the brackets if you have powerisers, 7's or some pretty old projumps.
I bought the Pro-Jumps m70's the ones with orange color on them. Ordered myself a pair knee/shin pads, will see how it feels once i receive them, probably will try webbing tomorrow. just a bit too late now to dig into the shed to find the materials needed. :) plus if knee/shin pads sort out the issue, there's a big chance i'll buy myself a pair of new jumping stilts once i get paid or by the end of June.