Author Topic: Difference  (Read 6072 times)

Offline upandover

Difference
« on: April 23, 2011, 05:21:41 AM »
Hi

I"m looking to get my first set of stilts, and was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between this set

http://www.allstilts.com/probearingflyjumpers

and the aluminium projumpers?

I think it has something to do with metal bushings vr's plastic ones, but i'm not sure if that will make much difference in the long run

thanks

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Difference
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »
Ok mate simple

Look at the hoofs these are the old style that were replaced on the PJ with an all rubber hoof (better grip, longer life and no ally to break up)
I actually walked out of one of these old style hoofs and ended up on the spring end  :Claugh: had to go back and pick the bits up

You seem to only get a kneebar with these whereas you get a set of cuffs thrown in with the PJ's

If they are the early models the clamping bolt was a bit weak and tended to strip threads (this has been mended on the PJ's

Can't get the big picture to load but the early ones had a less substantial heel bracket that was prone to failure this has been beefed up on the PJ's

Last but not least if that is US dollars they are nearly twice the price

Hope this helps

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline upandover

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »
so on that note are the air trekkers extreme the same as PJ's?

I"m in Canada, and to order from the UK will kill me in border fees, but I can get either those in the link above or AT's here with free shipping, just trying to decide which is the better model.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »
Had a look at the air trekkers extreme and they are almost the same as the other ones

Don't get me wrong the basic stilts are good but PJ put the originals out on test and had all the faults they found rectified so now the PJ ones have all the bits I mentioned above but I think PJ are the only ones to do this (Not sure on that but not seen any others )

Offline ALLSTILTS

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »
Allstilts aluminum jumpers have all the mods you are talking about and also have the new rubber feet aswell.The bearing model has bearings at the 3 pivot joints something i dont think others have yet, most have steel pins with white plastic bushings just like the older models. The bearing model comes with kneebars and cuffs aswell.I dont even sell the iron ones i tested them 2 years ago and they are way to heavy and i broke the top of the frame where the bolt holds it to the spring

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 10:02:25 PM »
You need to get the pics changed ALLSTILTS as you will put a lot of customers off if they think they havn't been updated

Out of interest what are the "New" bearings made of as the all metal 7 ones were quite good and lasted well

I believe that Poweriser tried ball bearings on their last type but the few people I know that tried them found the bearings very short lived

Best stuff I have found is the Glass filled Nylon that Skips used I have had a set running on those for 2 years fairly hard use and they are still like new

Offline ALLSTILTS

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 03:13:41 AM »
they bearings are all metal like the 7s and i will let you know how they last i bought 4 pairs for testers. the white plastic bushings dont last to long on the others i find .you guys have these available yet http://www.allstilts.com/extremeairtrekkercz0834

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
Your confusing me now ALLSTILTS

The ones here are the ones we are discussing but with the upgrades I mentioned

http://www.allstilts.com/extremeairtrekkercz0834

What are you fitting 7 bearings to as they won't fit the Exo's or are they just turnes Ph Bronze

Offline ALLSTILTS

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »
i dont carry the airtrekkers anymore as of today . but the flyjumpers are the same and the bearings are fitted in the factory before i get them i will take a picture and post it when i get home on the weekend

Offline ALLSTILTS

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 02:36:40 AM »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
Sorry mate I'm not on Facebook so can't view it  :Ccry:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 11:39:37 PM »

Just so Jason could see it! (It's the picture from facebook embedded here)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
Thanks Spud

Looks like a Ballrace

I have a bit of a problem with Ballraces in such a high impact enviroment (I may be wrong) apologys if they are Needlesrace as it is a blured picture

The only time Ballraces have been tried were the mk2 powerisers and they fell apart on at least 3 people I know of and I don't know anyone on them now

Before anyone says they are used in cars it is sligntly different as they are used as a rotating bearing and backed by soft tyres and suspention

Needlerace bearings should last better in an impact situation as it gives more area to take the percussive forces but they added cost would to me not make sense as I have glass filled nylon bushes that have lasted for more than a year of hard bocking

But each to their own and only time in service can tell the true story

Having said all that they look to be nicely fitted and good quality bearings

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 11:13:56 AM »
The option to buy the model with the bearings was available, on initially tests they seems to flaire well, however they do not last and cause more problems than the plastic ones according to a few importers who have stocked them and a source at the manufacturers.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 07:18:16 PM »
I'm quite a fan of the plastic bushes/bearings. The ones on the exos seemed to last really well and I take comfort of knowing that it's the bushings and not the frame that is going to wear.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »
Must admit I did think that would be the case Naz

One day I might try some Needleroller bearings if I can find some of the right size that would cost less than a set of Exos  :Claugh:

I did look into it once and I couldn't believe the price of them about £15 each and I would need 12