Author Topic: problems and a little consern :)  (Read 5067 times)

Offline billymaya

problems and a little consern :)
« on: March 24, 2011, 01:13:38 AM »
right so first thing first my little consern got my new exos today and they are fine really pleased with them been out on them thid afternoon and seem to be behaving as they should upon taking them off and having a closer look at the top of one of the stilts under the black protection there seems to be a raised section from right to the left of the top of the springs now im hoping this is just a blip in the mold process and its just a line of extra matieral but im a little consern if its a crack!

secondly ive been using projumps now for about 10 months and go out foe about an hour every day give or take so plenty of practice but upon watching a video of myself bocking its a little embarressing lol i keep crossing my springs at the back when i walk and also do this occasionaly when jumping its really not a good techinque at all and have been trying not to do it but it doesnt seem to work my legs naturaly point at an outward angle and its feels weird when i try to walk staight with my feet pointing forwards,so the main thing im wondering is shouldnt i be a little bit better than this after 10 months of bocking? lol anyone got any suggestions on how to learn to keep my legs straight? and also how i can get some more height im getting more with these new stilts obviously but its still a bit shameful when i look back at the videos lol

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: problems and a little consern :)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »
lets see the video :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:39:40 PM »
Not sure what you mean by a raised section give us a picture mate

As far as walking like a duck  :Claugh: I have known a lot of bockers do this it's just the way you walk

If you watch a vid of yourself walking without bocks you'll probaply see your toes pointing out a lot of peoples do

It only becomes a problem if you bang the springs together while you walk run or jump as that will knock you over or damage the springs

I had the opposit problem when I was young (Pin toed) and had to learn to walk with my toes father apart as it was causing me leg problems

If you don't find it a problem don't worry

If you do find it a problem try walking with your feet straight all the time not just on bocks but watch out for strains etc as you have been walking like that a long time and it will take time to change

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »
yeah more than likely i do walk like that without the stilts lol im picturing one of the oasis boys but not quite that bad lol

only worried about it because people have told me its wrong to walk like it when bocking :Si tend not to bang the springs together so that isnt a problem the only thing i do need to change i suppose is the whole feet together whilst jumping instead of apart better get some more practice in lol

link to photo on my facebook wall of the raised bit at the top of my spring http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=60446&id=1636891829&saved#!/photo.php?fbid=1547815188774&set=a.1519097790857.60446.1636891829&theater

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
I'm not on facebook mate so can't see it any way you could post it on here

Or can you make the pic public or something

As you arn't having any problems with walking I don't think you should change mate like they say

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"  :Cbiggrin:

Jumping might be a bit diferent as a wider stance may give you better stability but I have seen people get awsome height with there legs so close they touch
Looks scary but seems to work for them

Offline billymaya

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »
will have to practice my jumping still breaking the exo's in lol

right what about photo bucket lets try that lol

Offline billymaya

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
oooo big lol that worked then

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 11:04:12 PM »
I dont think that is anything to worry about mate.

As for your technique then its only a problem if your banging your stilts into each other.
Changing your technique is not easy at all.

Offline billymaya

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
thanks locky well i figures not as im sure if it was a crack it would of gone by now and it hasnt but i just wanted to check with you lot first lol

technique wise thanks for the advice from both of you i see im just goin to have to keep at it and not worry about me legs so much whilst walking consentrait on the jumping lol

Offline xoxos

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 04:35:52 AM »
since i'm probably the only bocker in town i don't have anyone to keep up with. the park i use has a trail around it, so before i start jumping or running, i do a few laps just walking to get that right. at first i didn't stop walking until i've done at least a lap without banging them together, now my form is pretty good. someone a meter taller with the equivalent leg length would have much wider hips..

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »
Oyy xoxos did you mention my wide Hips  :Claugh:

I have just had a new set of springs delivered mate and mine look the same

I think it is either flash marks on the springs of the heatshrink setting thicker in some places

Neither is a worry