Author Topic: Exo-Skip my latest project  (Read 25506 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Exo-Skip my latest project
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:50:04 PM »
Hi folks

I've been a bit slow on the Bocking projects recently due to other commitments

So I thought I'd start with a big one  :Claugh:

So what are they and who built them  :Cmad:

Only joking I did it

Only had 20 mins on them so far but they seem to be as you would expect a set of skips with better springs

Quite a simple operation involving 4 custom made washers and 2 bolts

Oh and having enough guts to take a drill and hacksaw to a set of Powerskips  :Claugh:

Needless to say Projump don't condone Bock mutilation and you will invalidate both warrentys  :Claugh:
So don't blame PJ when you cut the wrong bit off as they had nowt to do with this post or mod (except the hysterical laughter  :Cbiggrin:)

Ok enough chat look at the pics and weep because you would sell your soul to own them  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: (aka Not Quite Right  :Cbiggrin:)

Ps what do you think of the spring covers

Offline billymaya

Re: Exo-Skip my latest project
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:55:56 PM »
looking good mate you have been busy i like the springs covers what are they? it looking a bit like the cozy wrap quilted stuff from an old boiler lol im no expert on power skips those are the pricey ones right? with the shoes attached, im sucha dunce lol how do they perform?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »
Thanks Billy they took some making

The covers are made from a HD nylon foam backed material that I found (sort of bag for theatre curtains) wish I could get some more of it as it is almost indestructable and easy to sew oh and it looks good

I have never been able to use Powerskip springs due to the heavier weights breaking so I've always stuck PJ springs on hte skip frame I made a couple of years ago

The Exo springs are so different but I like walking feet so I just had to merge the two

As for performance I had a bad back on the sunday I tested them and was still getting 3 ft with ease so I think I'm onto a winner  :Cbiggrin:
If I'm still alive after testing them this weekend I'll tell you if they work  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »
yeah that would be intersting to hear how you do, ive just been watching a video of myself on my new exo's that my step son took and i look bloody awful lol like a bloated one 3 legged elephant lol graceful it isnt and i have to get out of the habit of walking with my legs splayed side ways with my springs crossed at the back must remember to train myself to keep my legs straight and together!!

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
At first glance i thought oh it;s just jasons old skips...then double take and WHAAAAAAAAAA?..mind boggling fantastic mate nice one :) maybe as an idea have you thought of taken the support bracket of the exo's and and attaching them to the sips, instead of the classic support rods. havn;t got exo;s so havnt really had time to look at bits and bobs :P. but one day..
 :Csmile:
 :PJL: <<<<oh and when we gonna get an exo version of that logo? randomly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:29:08 PM »
Been there Done that mate  :Claugh:

I like the ships due to the suport rods and the walking foot (actually thought of putting rods on the Exo's as I like the side support)

But have a look at the pics below (my other pair  :Cbiggrin: )

The Exo's are perfect apart for the lack of walking foot (not a problem unless you love the walking foot like me)

And the Exo springs are IMO the best springs made so far

The main reason I did the Exo-Skip was due to a few people that have walking foot Skips and don't want to pay £300 for a set of springs each time they need them

They still need a lot of testing before I am happy that they are right but just had to show you lot

Anyway below are my Walking foot Exo's (they took some hard thinking to design  :Cbiggrin: )

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »
See, I really want a moving foot plate for my exo's, ever since I went on to my exo's my foot has wanted to move so much more, and also, I started off with one and it took me ages to get used to not using one :L

Shame Pro Jump dont sell a moving foot plate for the exo's :L

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »
Yep Squeeker

I can't live without them now

I still enjoy going on fixed but if I'm gonna be on them all day it's gotta move  :Cbiggrin:

Get to your local engineerign class and make some mate they arn't to hard just time consuming

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 10:45:12 PM »
well jason you have done it again! well done mate nice work cant wait to have a go on them this sunday :Cyes:

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
Yep Squeeker

I can't live without them now

I still enjoy going on fixed but if I'm gonna be on them all day it's gotta move  :Cbiggrin:

Get to your local engineerign class and make some mate they arn't to hard just time consuming

Its not that I cant possibly do it, its that I dont wanna muck up and then not be able to use them, If anyone ever sells a cheap exo frame I might buy it and give it a go, but for now hink I can do without :L, however, if you wanna sell me yours, theres nothing stopping me ;D since you have the exo skips now and all :P :L

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 08:40:32 PM »
 :Claugh: No Sale

But nice try mate

You could buy Greggles Powerskip frames and convert them mate

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »
Lol, didn't think you would :L And I think the £300 odd for the skip frames is too much for me :L, I would rather get my old skyrunner footplates back from DC and convert them :L hmmmmm thats an idea, even if its just to see if it would work :L

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 02:35:39 AM »
um problem,1. that sky runner footplate only fitted the sky runner vertical struts, didn't fit the projump one for some reason
2. the other bits of the skyrunner are either back at home in saltash or here in my room at uni. not that i;m trying to spread your belongings around the country or anything teehee :P

love you squeek. :P

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 07:48:20 PM »
um problem,1. that sky runner footplate only fitted the sky runner vertical struts, didn't fit the projump one for some reason
2. the other bits of the skyrunner are either back at home in saltash or here in my room at uni. not that i;m trying to spread your belongings around the country or anything teehee :P

love you squeek. :P

I should start adding intrest on the £25 for the skyrunners :L I will call it £20 if I get the footplates :L Anyhows, I mainly want the footplates to study the mechanism and then maybe adapt my stilts, maybe that is :)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 11:23:36 PM »
take no notice of my post on your pic i can c now on this thread that its the skip plate how does this work you will have to enlighten us with a video if it doesn't evolve killing my frames i might give this a go when i have some spare cash to get some exos

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
It is really simple Greg but a bit scary  :Claugh:

All I have done is to turn up a couple of ally "Top Hat" washers to fill the original bearing holes under the foot
This allows me to run a bolt through which can then be used to mount the Exo support

That bit won't harm or modify your skip footplate at all except glueing they washers in and they can be removed with a little heat and a good push

The next bit is the scary bit

The upright behind your leg (The square tube with all the hole drilled through it) is too long so you have to drill a new mounting hole about an inch higher and then saw the bottom inch off
This makes the footplate sit about an inch higher and brings the Exo springs into the same geometry as the original skip springs

So if you can source a spare set of uprights from Powerskip you can put them back as they were

Alternatively I may be able to machine the odd shorter upright if people want them but they won't be cheep

One other thing it will work with the Pro support but needs thinner washers made
This would make them much lighter but would obviously cost more

Offline qwerann

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »
hi jason, what are the feet off of??  :Ceek: :Cbiggrin:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »
glad this thred has poped up again how much could you make a new upright for me for ??

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 06:23:10 PM »
Hi Qwerann

The feet are from a pair of Powerskips (well one is the other I machined up myself as I only got given one  :Claugh: )

Greg you wouldn't like the price better to get one from Skip themselves

I have all the pics to do a walkthrough for this as I have just converted a second set (Got sick of taking them into work each week )

All I need now is the time to do the walkthrough  :Claugh: