Author Topic: Aluminium spring protection  (Read 4811 times)

Offline JCDenton

Aluminium spring protection
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:52:27 PM »
I was messing around at dinner and found some spare 35mm x 1mm aluminium strip about. Its like paper to bend but really tough so i thought i might try it. I used some heavy duty double sided tape. Cut 3 lengths - top back, bottom back and inside bottom. Iv been out on them and they seem great, hold up well and bends well with the spring. I might keep it on abit and see how it goes..

Sorry about crap pics:

Offline Mibsportler

Re: Aluminium spring protection
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »
nice work - they look awesome  :Cyes:- am thinking of what kind of armour to put on my new ones

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »
they look great & it's nice to see a mod that's a little more original, i'd love to know how long they last

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
Looks awesome, and also, woop, first person I have seen that has my tyre sock mod :P (thats assuming you used the tutorial I posted, its not like they are difficult to come up with :L)

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
Yeah i saw it, tnx. Didnt like the idea of putting a jubilee clip on the bare spring.. The old pjs had aluminium there.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:24:26 PM »
Looks super cool mate

Just one word of warning judging by the pics you don't seem to have much protection on the side

I know that the ally wil protect the back but a lot of spring damage is done by knocking the side of the spring against the frame

The nuts on the side of the frame can do a lot of harm to the spring (thats why tyres are so good)

Still they look fab mate

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 08:36:35 PM »
tnx, Ill put some rubber or hotglue over the nuts then lol. We have some wider stainless at work but it will need cutting to the spring shape.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »
With them I'd try and fasten the tyres to the side of the aluminium, so its like aluminium back protection then tyre's at the side with the cool treds sticking out and tied off like you would a tyre mod it would look amazing!

But that does look damn cool, well done I do like it :)

Aidan :Cwink:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline robinangered

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 03:34:34 PM »
1mm aluminium?  :Claugh: thats very big  size, i hope you would say 0,7mm aluminium  :Cyes: but it sure look nice, i will try to put Rhenzink onto mine or copper  :Cwink: :Cbiggrin:

Offline GingerJumper

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 02:58:32 PM »
Those are realy sexy :Cerr: now i want them
I'm sorry for any misspellings i'm most likely on my iphone and i also suck at spelling in the first place so ya sry o also if u wan add me on facebook just go to www.facebook.com/piroguy21 just send me a message saying ur frome the jumping stilt boards so i know who you r