Author Topic: what about having a caption competition Naz??  (Read 7840 times)

Offline billymaya

what about having a caption competition Naz??
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:22:40 PM »
hi naz i was just thinking about running a caption competition on pro jump? theres plenty of photos to choose from and sure all the forum users can come up with some good ones,then you and your team can select the best one prizes good range from money off vouchers to bindings ect just an idea :) you could even make it weekly

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: what about having a caption competition Naz??
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »
Its a good idea and I'm sure people would love weekly new bindings and stuff but it costs lots of money and with the new inflation prices and VAT increase i don't think they'd be able to afford it and usually the competitions are something harder that you have to work for with blood sweat and tears :)

but good thinking :) maybe if you made it a take your own picture of you doing something to do with bocking and add your own caption ? then it requires bit more thought and hard work makes you deserve to win expensive new bindings :)

Aidan :Cwink:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline billymaya

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »
yeah good idea best photo competition kinda thing i like your thinking mate :)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 12:28:30 AM »
Well mainly your idea I just added an extra bit :P we have a good idea XD :Cbiggrin:
 :Straddle5:
^^^^^^^^
"ow not meant to land like this?"

:)

Aidan :Cwink:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 01:06:38 PM »
I'm sure I posted this last night unless it was all a dream :/

Anyway the purpose behind the competitons was to create some good marketing for projump with the launch of the Exo's. A caption competition would be fun for us but wouldnt really do a great deal for projump other than reward the forum users (who make up less than 10% of projumps customers, i think its something like 2% actually)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »
Tell you what folks

I like the idea but in the current economic climate don't think it is a goer

But how about this for an idea to add to yours

Why don't we run a comp ourselves I'm sure Naz wouldn't mind so long as we keep it clean and PJ oriented

The prize could be something silly like a box/bar of choclate or anything you have laying around that you don't use anymore (one mans junk etc)

And if you really want to be mean you could say that the winner has to pay postage or collect at the next meet  :Claugh:

Don't know how the law stands on this but you could say that people have to Paypal 20p to enter and then paypal the kitty to the winner  :Cbiggrin: (but that might be illegal so check)

That way the competition would become the main thing and not the prize

And a caption comp would be just the sort of thing to do

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »
thats a good idea jason they do a simular things on my competition web site its called a u2u competition some one offers a prize like a dvd or something small and ask a question then the other members answer and if they get it right they get put into a hat and the winner gets their name drawn out course if it was the caption idea it would be the best entery that won,

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 09:46:57 PM »
ok i will put up the first prize.

A brand new, never been worn, used or abused pair of 60kg Skyrunner springs.

LOL but I am serious. I was gonna chuck them in the skip.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »
Ok guys

That is a prize worth having Locky they would fit the wife (her bocks  :Claugh:) or I could prop the shed up with them  :Cbiggrin:

Billy why don't you start a thread called Lockys Bockys Competition or something similar with a rules explanation and tell them they have to pay postage or collect (unless you can get Q to deliver them Locky  :Claugh: )

Not sure what catagory we should put it in as this one is for PJ comps so maybe we should put it in General bocking

I'll have a go if it's a caption comp (or any other for that matter )

Do you think it should be one go each or as many as you want (maybe the second would be better as you would get lots of pics then)

Well done for a good idea guys I think this one will be popular as it will be easy to enter

Offline billymaya

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »
thats a very kind offer locky thank you i have no idea where to put it either jason regard thread, erm it would have to be just one photo perhaps if locky is offering the prize then he should post a photo of his choice on the top of the competition thread and then each member can have one go each at putting a caption for lockys photo, if you have people putting lots of captions up it gets a bit confusing and if they only get one go it makes it fair that everyone has an equal chance of winning if you see what i mean, otherwise someone might come up with 20 captions compared to some one else who comes up with 2 and if the person who came up with 20 wins the person who only thought of 2 might complain (if that makes sense) and yes sounds like a good plan that the person who wins has to pay postage, the only down side to such competitions is that it takes alot of trust between members that the person winning does pay the postage and the person who is offering the prize does send it

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »
I think we should allow people 3 different captions but they should all be kept in one post.

How/who is going to judge this and how long shall we run it for?
I'm sure I can find a really good pic to use :)

Offline billymaya

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
well it could either be naz or if your offering the prize locky you could judge it i dont know :)

Offline billymaya

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
ps yes 3 captions per person sounds good and perhaps run it for a week? sunday to sunday??

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »
Ahh I got it now  :Claugh:

I thought you meant post a pic with a caption from each person (I know I'm a bit slow sometimes  :Claugh: ) but I've caught up now  :Cbiggrin:

Agree with the 3 per person

And not sure about the judge as everyone will want to have a go  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 11:18:58 PM »
I dont think Naz really has the time for something like this (to judge) so I think we should either go with whoever is putting up the prize each time or just have them make a shortlist and we can have a poll. If we go that option I think the comp should run for 3 weeks with the 4th week being the final poll. Any other ideas?

Offline billymaya

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »
all good suggestions a month sounds good as long as we have enough people entering to fill up that month if you see what i mean, perhaps best to have whoever is offering up the prize to judge as the whole poll thing might just confuse the matter and we need to keep it as simple as possible i think what do you guys think?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 11:41:08 PM »
Ok I'm happy with that. Would anyone else like to give any input?

Can we start it on April 1st as this will give me time to find a good pic and since its april fools day I'd better find a good one!

I'm not sure how many people will take part but we'll try. It's not very time consuming to come up with a caption and post it so we should get some responses.

Hmmm I should have kept Athouls JJ hoody, I could have given that away!

Offline billymaya

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 11:43:29 PM »
sounds good to me locky and id be happy to donate the next prize after yours has finished it it works an all i have lots of bits and pieces that would make worthwhile prizes :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »
Sound fab guys  :Cbiggrin:

Can't wait to see the pic and have a go

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 12:15:58 AM »
I might put a little more thought into this and not use an obviously funny photo...but I'm not sure we'll get many entries then. hmmm

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 08:51:01 PM »
Why not put 3 pics up and get people to do one caption on each mate

That way you can do a funny one and others

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 08:52:03 PM »
oh i am sooo liking that!