Author Topic: Nasty Rattle  (Read 5412 times)

Offline Wylo

• Where there's a Wylo, there's a way!!
Nasty Rattle
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »
Hiya,

I seem to have picked up a nasty rattle today in one of my projump exo pros. It seems to be coming from the mounts connecting the base of the footplate to the spring. Everything is tight, there is a small amount of white powder around both joints, but no more or less than the other one. Not a huge amount of use......maybe 15 hours. Have included a video to help explain, apologises for quality, juggling clubs and shredding. (Been too busy bouncing to tidy  :Claugh:)

Thanks

Wylo

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:44:42 PM by webmaster »

Offline Wylo

• Where there's a Wylo, there's a way!!
Re: Nasty Rattle
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:27:27 PM »
Don't worry. Found it. Was the bracket connecting the foot plate to the bar that connects to the spring.

Couldn't tell until I removed the spring bracket.

Wylo

Offline smegy

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
had the same with the white powder,it's the bush rubbing against the frame...i lubed them all,made them a lot more flexible too!!!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 08:16:50 PM »
Worth making a point here as a lot of people will check this post

After or before most bocking sessions I give them a quick check over to make sure all the bolts are tight

It pays dividends and I learnt the hard way

I didn't check them before a bigish meet and ended up not bocking due to a silly fault that could have been cured in 10 mins at home but no way at a meet

Also try to take minimum of a spanner & allen key just in case

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 10:58:49 PM »
Along side what Jason has said; good maintenance is the best way to keep your bocks tip top. Most new things tend to look after themselves for a while but with bocks sooner the better. As Jason said, check the bolts ect but it's also well worth spraying the joints with a silicone spray frequently. If you give them a quick spray each week just before you use them you should find that parts like bushings ect last longer than if you didn't.

:spudT:

Offline Bounce

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
Wylo how did you fix this? i think i am having the same problem with my pro jumps but i dont know where the problem actulally is or how to fix it

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
Hi Bounce

Just let me play catch up for a second

I remember you had m80's but have you now got Exo's as the rattles on each are due to different causes

Offline Bounce

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:36:46 PM »
nope havnt bought the exo's yet mate, and i think my m80s might be m70's haha. i thought the rattle could just be the space where the white plastic packer is but im unsure. its not a terrible nose but if you share you leg up and down you can feel it + hear it, or when you bounce you can hear it... :/

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »
epoxy your bushings into the frame, there is a guide in the mods section. Iv done it on my exo's too and it makes everything much more sturdy.

Offline Bounce

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »
oh hell nawwww, this could go wrong haha. what does that actually do though? has the bolt come a little loose or what?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »
On the M series of stilts the bushes sometimes rotate in the frames and wear away

They also wear inside and can get loose

Both of the above will cause the rattle

Best bet is to chech how much free play you have and if it is loose get a new set of bushes from PJ

Have a search through the problems bit and the Modifications bit there were many threads on bushes/bearings rattle/wear that will tell you how to check/replace them

Offline Bounce

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
ok cheers, i will  have a deeks